The Cuonzo "in practice" feature was embarrassing

TechnoVol

Last night they showed a short feature where they had Cuonzo mic'd up during their practice in the Bahamas. It was actually hard to watch.

Cuonzo is so brutally flat-lined in his personality. No emotion or fire, nothing to inspire these kids. Not to mention, his actual coaching instruction... what was he actually saying to the kids to coach them up. I pretty much quit listening after he said "good" about 5 times between mumbling something else incoherently.

The opportunity this program was afforded with such a segment is a great time to sell your program. Cuonzo did non of that IMO. :banghead2:

Reactions: 12 people
I have to turn everything off in the house, slow my breathing, and turn the volume way up on whatever device I am listening to a Gonzo interview because he mumbles the whole interview. It is like a different language called Gonzonese. He is not a good interview

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
What if we had Cuonzo speak in nothing but Dooleyisms?

Would the state just start to sink? Or would the whole east coast be destroyed?

Reactions: 2 people
Looked to me like going thru the motions running a waste of time motion offense. You play like you practice.

Still can't believe we put CCM in the millionaire's club. The hiring of yet another coach who can't coach his way put of paper bag.

Reactions: 4 people
If Butch's motto is Brick by Brick, then Cuonzo's should be Laying Bricks because that seems to be all he's capable of.

But, But, But. CCM has't had enough time - he had to rebuild a program that had been to six straight NCAA's tourneys - he has to have time to get his players into his system....

Rubbish complete Rubbish!

But, But, But. CCM has't had enough time - he had to rebuild a program that had been to six straight NCAA's tourneys - he has to have time to get his players into his system....

Rubbish complete Rubbish!

We get it! Its quite unnecessary for you to keep saying the same **** over and over. Spend your useless brain on something else.

Reactions: 7 people
We get it! Its quite unnecessary for you to keep saying the same **** over and over. Spend your useless brain on something else.

I will keep saying it til CCM is gone.

For every negative/critical post I have made about CCM since he was hired, there have been no less than 20 carrying water for him.

Glad see another apologist start in with the personal insults..... :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
I will keep saying it til CCM is gone.

For every negative/critical post I have made about CCM since he was hired, there have been no less than 20 carrying water for him.

Glad see another apologist start in with the personal insults..... :hi:

Didn't figure you had the capacity. Go ahead and keep repeating the same thing. If that's what drives you, more power. The world needs people like me and people like you to go around.

Martin could do himself a favor by taking his hands completely off the offense.
Give it to Webster. Talent fits right into his coaching style. Uptempo. Run and gun.

Martin could do himself a favor by taking his hands completely off the offense.
Give it to Webster. Talent fits right into his coaching style. Uptempo. Run and gun.

Our offense does not need to go thru the low block. Been saying that since last year. Spread the floor and clearput or at least try to space well. That's all they need. Stokes could avg a double double off rebounds and extra passes with good spacing.

Our offense does not need to go thru the low block. Been saying that since last year. Spread the floor and clearput or at least try to space well. That's all they need. Stokes could avg a double double off rebounds and extra passes with good spacing.

Yep, exactly. May and Stokes slow this team down too often and clog up the lanes for our wings, who are good at getting into the lane, otherwise.

Last night they showed a short feature where they had Cuonzo mic'd up during their practice in the Bahamas. It was actually hard to watch.

Cuonzo is so brutally flat-lined in his personality. No emotion or fire, nothing to inspire these kids. Not to mention, his actual coaching instruction... what was he actually saying to the kids to coach them up. I pretty much quit listening after he said "good" about 5 times between mumbling something else incoherently.

The opportunity this program was afforded with such a segment is a great time to sell your program. Cuonzo did non of that IMO. :banghead2:

These are my feelings EXACTLY and it doesn't matter if we're winning or losing...watching things like that including most of his appearances in public I feel frustration, embarrassment for both him and me/my program/my school, anger, and disappointment....as head basketball coach he's representing US, and is the second highest paid employee of the state of Tennessee, yet he can't effectively communicate in the simplest of terms....

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back