Armani Moore...where was he?

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
Cuonzo should give a ten minute diatribe with an outline why Moore was benched.

Armani got 8 minutes while Quinton Chievous got 13? What the **** is that about?

Reactions: 4 people
Should give a ten minute diatribe with an outline why Moore was benched.

Armani got 8 minutes while Quinton Chievous got 13? What the **** is that about?

Its about cm going with a halfcourt game and letting the other coach dictate the pace and lineup.

Reactions: 1 person
I love armani. He gives us a spark which we definitely needed tonight. Dumb decision to not play him much

Cuonzo should give a ten minute diatribe with an outline why Moore was benched.

I kept yelling this at my TV. Very confused at this.

Look, Armani is a baller, but he's not a 30 mpg player yet.

I know that's not your point, but I don't see him getting huge minutes unless he's on Hubbs's offensive level.

But yeah, I agree he should have gotten more PT. I honestly like Chievous, but I'm not gonna act like he's better than Moore.

Man I can take losses but I can't take losses very well when they stem from multiple coaching errors that basically prevent your team from winning.

I know that's not your point, but I don't see him getting huge minutes unless he's on Hubbs's offensive level.

But yeah, I agree he should have gotten more PT. I honestly like Chievous, but I'm not gonna act like he's better than Moore.

I don't disagree with any of that, but it was just really strange after how the minutes were split in the exhibition games.

At one point I was sitting there thinking about how bad we would be beating Xavier if Pearl was still the coach with this talent. Yeah, I went there. I don't give a sh*t.

Reactions: 5 people

By no means am I saying he should get 30. But if you are going to split 21 minutes between him and Q, it should be 15-6 at least in favor of Armani.

Right right, I think we're all in agreement lol.

I hate to say it, but IMO, this was the worst beating Martin has taken in terms of coaching. While I believe we will still have a solid season, this effort makes me very uneasy.

At one point I was sitting there thinking about how bad we would be beating Xavier if Pearl was still the coach with this talent. Yeah, I went there. I don't give a sh*t.

I do miss getting out of my seat from excitement a couple times a game. Now I do it just to walk away in disgust.

I hate to say it, but IMO, this was the worst beating Martin has taken in terms of coaching. While I believe we will still have a solid season, this effort makes me very uneasy.

I agree. While just one game, this coaching effort didn't sit well with me. Not just Armani and Q's minutes, there were a few things that had me a little puzzled.

Kind of like the Oklahoma state game in the NCAA tourny.

Pearl had a few of his own coaching beat downs.

I think you're confusing Ok St with Michigan. We lost on a last second shot to Ok St in the tourney. Michigan beat us by 30 when Hammy threw Pearl under the bus and the players knew they had a dead coach walking.

And we have to get to the NCAA tourney first with Martin before we have the chance to get beat down. If we continue to lose winnable out of conference games, we won't have to worry about that.

I think you're confusing Ok St with Michigan. We lost on a last second shot to Ok St in the tourney. Michigan beat us by 30 when Hammy threw Pearl under the bus and the players knew they had a dead coach walking.

And we have to get to the NCAA tourney first with Martin before we have the chance to get beat down. If we continue to lose winnable out of conference games, we won't have to worry about that.

Oklahoma State was Pearl's most dismal coaching job. We A) had a huge size advantage, and B) were the worst three-point shooting team entire the tournament. So naturally we took 30 three-point shots, including 9 by our center. We made no attempt to exploit our size advantage down low. Dribble dribble dribble around the perimeter, then heave. Our whole offensive gameplan looked a little like the first 15 minutes of tonight's game, in fact.

Oklahoma State was Pearl's most dismal coaching job. We A) had a huge size advantage, and B) were the worst three-point shooting team entire the tournament. So naturally we took 30 three-point shots, including 9 by our center. We made no attempt to exploit our size advantage down low. Dribble dribble dribble around the perimeter, then heave. Our whole offensive gameplan looked a little like the first 15 minutes of tonight's game, in fact.

I wasn't disputing that it wasn't a good coaching job. He said it was a beat down. I don't see how you can define a beat down by losing on a last second shot.

And here's a little info that should make us all feel a little better after the loss. Xavier was missing two of its starters. And still won. I feel better already.

If you are uneasy about this season - you should be throwing up thinking about next season without Mac, Maymon, a point guard, and possibly Stokes.

What exactly would you say was the substitution pattern and logic last night?

between Armani not playing and the inconsistent timeouts taken, I thought my head was gonna explode.

My son was sitting next to me and he keeps looking over, just waiting for the explosion.

I get first game and all, i get it, but dam, that giant, fat, chargin white boy was takin it to Stokes.

Maymon does one shoulder bump, gets called, it's the same move the ogre was doing all night. Shoulder to chest, shoulder to chest, shoulder to chest, shot.

Our team looked like they were playing scared last night, the new foul rule probably plays into that, but we've got to drive the ball, get some of those fouls and make our free throws.

4 pt game, and we were like 7-19 or something crazy from FT. (feel free to correct that number but it's pretty dam close)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back