"Half Season" Martin Pre February Record

BruinVol

"Half Season" Martin is now

22-21

In all games played before February as our HC.

Think about how disgusting of a record that is when considering how nearly all those 22 wins are against the little sisters of the poor.

Anything less than 14-6 this year before February 1st and I will be leading the cheers to fire his "half season" ass.

Reactions: 11 people

22-21

Think about how disgusting of a record that is when considering how nearly all those 22 wins are against the little sisters of the poor.

Anything less than 14-6 this year before February 1st and I will be leading the cheers to fire his "half season" ass.

GTFO Bruin. Save your misery for the recruiting forum. I hope to God you follow through with your self-ban if it comes to happen.

Reactions: 4 people
I can accept that. As long as it's not followed by a retarded "Bring Pearl Back". Martin really needs to do something this season or he doesn't deserve his job. I was never a fan of him but I'll still back him until he isn't the coach anymore.

Reactions: 1 person
Good post,. This is the main reason why UT has played in the NIT. There was no sense of urgency until the 15 minute mark in the 2nd half. Lackluster first half, just like the NIT losses. That on the coaching staff

Reactions: 6 people

22-21

Bruin, you and I have rarely agreed but on this you are 100% correct. This was some trash we saw on TV tonight - loved the shot of CCM late in the game - he looked totally lost.... Poor hire = poor performance.

I can accept that. As long as it's not followed by a retarded "Bring Pearl Back". Martin really needs to do something this season or he doesn't deserve his job. I was never a fan of him but I'll still back him until he isn't the coach anymore.

This is very similar to my stance with Dooley last year. If he had gotten to 7-5 I would have supported him.

Half season has to get to 14-6 or I am done with him

22-21

Oh great. Bruin goes from b!tching about recruiting to basketball now. Fml

Reactions: 2 people

22-21

He should have been shown the door last March. It seems our athletic department tolerates mediocrity outside of the football program.

Reactions: 3 people
As I said yesterday, it was a bad idea to open the season on the road at Xavier. This program is notorious for slow starts, this has to be a successful season, and we take a gamble like this. It would have been a huge win. I just think this was a bad risk.

No of course not. But don't come in here to rub salt in the wound after a loss. If we had won, you wouldn't have posted how he was 23-20 pre-February, so your agenda is well-noted.

The only way he can prove his worth to me is to go 14-6 before Febuary followed by a good finish. Anything less and he's done. If that's salt in the wound then so be it.

He should have been shown the door last March. It seems our athletic department tolerates mediocrity outside of the football program.

Actually, they tolerate mediocrity in football too. If we would have beaten Vandy last year, Dooley would still be our coach, and our recruiting would be nothing like it is now.

22-21 acceptable to you???

Again, go apply for the job. My god, get down from your holier than thou high horse and pay attention. The PLAYERS shot less than 40% from the stripe. If they shoot 57%, they go to overtime. They shoot 63%, they win. The fact that Martin had them in position to win despite that speaks volumes of his coaching capabilities.

Bet u were a Buzz and Dooley sheep til the end too?

As I said yesterday, it was a bad idea to open the season on the road at Xavier. This program is notorious for slow starts, this has to be a successful season, and we take a gamble like this. It would have been a huge win. I just think this was a bad risk.

Posted that same thing before the game. Should have played Friday no doubt

Again, go apply for the job. My god, get down from your holier than thou high horse and pay attention. The PLAYERS shot less than 40% from the stripe. If they shoot 57%, they go to overtime. They shoot 63%, they win. The fact that Martin had them in position to win despite that speaks volumes of his coaching capabilities.

Results results results! That's the only thing that matters and right now
22-21 is all we have to Judge from and that's a complete and utter unacceptable failure

Like Martin or not, the slow starts the past couple of years are concerning. I can't imagine anyone would argue different.

Tonight is just one game, but let's hope it's not the continuation of a trend.

Reactions: 3 people
Like Martin or not, the slow starts the past couple of years are concerning. I can't imagine anyone would argue different.

Tonight is just one game, but let's hope it's not the continuation of a trend.

Yep.

The next few weeks are huge!

Results results results! That's the only thing that matters and right now
22-21 is all we have to Judge from and that's a complete and utter unacceptable failure

You're obviously a guru, so go to him and say you've got it. I'll give you $50 if you actually go face to face to Martin and say this garbage to it. Then I'll give him $50 for decking you.

if we are a good team this year (too early to tell, even after that ugly game), we shouldn't have more than 5 losses (maybe even 4)

as of now we only play 4 ranked teams before Feb. We gotta start playing better on the road and with more sense of urgency all game. Offense needs some major work, and we will not win close games if we don't shoot FTs much better

L XAV

SCUS

CIT

TNST

UTEP*

TNTC

*** @ #16 WICH

NCST

MORE

*** #25 UVA

TUSC

@ LSU

TA&M

AUB

*** @ #1 UK

ARK

*** @ #11 FLA

MISS

Here we go again. Its the players not the coach. If that were the case we should never fire the coach especially CCM.

VN Store

Back