Death of the charge

white65

I hate to see these new rules. I know it really goes against our tough defensive style. But that's not the main reason. Instead of making college basketball more entertaining, it's now like a pre-school league where Dads called that fouls. imo college basketball ratings will slowly decline starting this year.

Trying to get more scoring.
Will sell more tickets in their opinion.
Right now, just getting more fouls.

The few I seen neither team could get into a flow. Hopefully, teams can adjust as the season go on.

I like it. Some great plays happen when when a perimeter player drives the lane hard to score and this rule encourages more of that.

I guess the changes are somewhat similar to NBA rules. I know that you can't hand-check. We are going to see a lot of fouls early on while teams adjust to the changes.

Or they could learn how to shoot, but forget actual skill or anything

I guess the changes are somewhat similar to NBA rules. I know that you can't hand-check. We are going to see a lot of fouls early on while teams adjust to the changes.

The rules may be similar but the NBA allows a lot more contact.

Apparently they implemented these rules in the women's game as well. I saw about 60 foul calls last night when the Lady Vols took on UNC. I don't like it. I wish the rules committees would just leave the game alone. Quit trying to make it "better for tv." Don't change it just cause kids today don't value the intermediate jump shot.

If they are trying to make the game more like the NBA they are making a huge mistake. The pro game is horrid, nobody plays defense they save themselves for offense.

If they are trying to make the game more like the NBA they are making a huge mistake. The pro game is horrid, nobody plays defense they save themselves for offense.

Agreed. Really disliking the amount of whistles I'm hearing from the refs right now..

I hate to see these new rules. I know it really goes against our tough defensive style. But that's not the main reason. Instead of making college basketball more entertaining, it's now like a pre-school league where Dads called that fouls. imo college basketball ratings will slowly decline starting this year.
I love the "new rules". They are actually the original rules. They open up the floor so that they can play real basketball, not football.

VN Store

Back