Darius Thompson to start tomorrow vs Xavier

Really don't get the, "if Barton was healthy he would start" comment, but saying he's healthy enough to play. Almost seems like a reward to Thompson for starting the first 2 exhibitions, I don't know.

All I know is this is a huge game and one we really can't afford to lose IMO, need to start strong.

Who thought it would be a good idea to open the season at Xavier? This is a terrible idea, IMO. I have no issues playing there, but it shouldn't be the first game. The last thing CCM needs this season is a third straight slow start, and that's exactly what I fear will happen if we lose this game. I hope the decision pays off big time for whoever made it with a nice win for us, but we should be playing someone like Tennessee Tech tomorrow and save the Xavier road trip for mid-December.

Reactions: 1 person
Really don't get the, "if Barton was healthy he would start" comment, but saying he's healthy enough to play. Almost seems like a reward to Thompson for starting the first 2 exhibitions, I don't know.

All I know is this is a huge game and one we really can't afford to lose IMO, need to start strong.
Maybe he's well enough to play 10 minutes but is worried about putting more time on an injury. Idk I get what you're saying

Who thought it would be a good idea to open the season at Xavier? This is a terrible idea, IMO. I have no issues playing there, but it shouldn't be the first game. The last thing CCM needs this season is a third straight slow start, and that's exactly what I fear will happen if we lose this game. I hope the decision pays off big time for whoever made it with a nice win for us, but we should be playing someone like Tennessee Tech tomorrow and save the Xavier road trip for mid-December.

Its a good idea because they will win

Afraid this was going to happen. But Idk who is bringing the ball up the court as long as they don't turn the ball over and they get it into Maymon's, McRae's, Stoke's, and Hubbs hands! Still think we win tomorrow. Was reading some of the Xavier boards and they are all confident in them winning lol. But they do understand that we have a talented team.

Its a good idea because they will win

Haha, works for me.
I'd just rather play them after we've played some other games. We're also not getting the attention of being the top game on, because we're competing head to head with the Chicago doubleheader.
This season could quickly go south if we lose.
Hopefully, we'll just win. But, this is a big gamble.

Haha, works for me.
I'd just rather play them after we've played some other games. We're also not getting the attention of being the top game on, because we're competing head to head with the Chicago doubleheader.
This season could quickly go south if we lose.
Hopefully, we'll just win. But, this is a big gamble.

doubt the season will go south after the first game unless Jordy, Maymon, and Stokes all have season ending injuries

Reactions: 2 people
Good luck young fella

Man, talk about a tough first outing. Xavier has a really tough backcourt. Randolph and Christon are a good, lots of speed. Hope he has a great game.

The battle at the 2 spot between Christon and Hubbs/Richardson will be great.

If Barton is gonna play and already declared ready to play I'm not all that worried about it. It just appears to me that Thompson is almost getting the start as a constant because he started the first 2 games, the staff may not want to mess with what they got used to heading into this game. I think Barton will enter rather quickly for Thompson and ultimately will end up with more minutes than Thompson.

This is also a game where having Maymon will be huge, he can help bring the ball up if needed.

Yeah, but with Christon's speed, I would think that Hubbs or Richardson would guard him. Would rather have Mcrae using his energy attacking, than chasing Christon. Could be wrong though.

I didn't know you were exclusively talking about the battle defensively against him, and not offensively.

VN Store

Back