Barton "good to go" Against Xavier

All Vol!

Reactions: 1 person
Coach Martin said in the Southern Indiana post-game press conf. that we did not run a single one of our offensive plays in that game. I guess this is good that Xavier has no game film to use for preparing for what we'll bring tomorrow..on the flip side, we'll be playing Barton at the point and running our offensive sets for the first time and doing it in a tough venue. Should be very interesting, I would really love to see us gel early.

Can't wait 'til basketball season starts. Really looking forward to see how the starting 5 of Stokes, Maymon, McRae, Hubbs, and Barton clicks. I would take this starting five over any in the country right now. Not to mention, the bench isn't too shabby either with the likes of Moore, Richardson, Davis, etc.

Coach Martin said in the Southern Indiana post-game press conf. that we did not run a single one of our offensive plays in that game. I guess this is good that Xavier has no game film to use for preparing for what we'll bring tomorrow..on the flip side, we'll be playing Barton at the point and running our offensive sets for the first time and doing it in a tough venue. Should be very interesting, I would really love to see us gel early.

Is it really a tough venue?

Impressive.

Nothing's ever definite is it?

I'd be surprised if he didn't play.

My point being nobody has said he will for sure play, all that had been said is martin after the exhibition saying they expect him back.

With that said:

“@Ben_Fred: FWIW, Tennessee AD Dave Hart said this morning Vols PG Antonio Barton "will be available when we open the season."”

“@Ben_Fred: Cuonzo Martin fielded question a/b Barton at Knoxville QB club today. Said he sprained foot and tweaked knee. Returned to practice Saturday.”

“@Ben_Fred: "If he was healthy he'd be the starting PG out of the gate," Martin said. "We'll see how it goes in practice whether he'll start at Xavier."

”“@Ben_Fred: Martin, addressing Maymon's health, said the Sr. forward will play limited (approximately 20) minutes early to help him ease back into games”

“@Ben_Fred: Cuonzo Martin fielded question a/b Barton at Knoxville QB club today. Said he sprained foot and tweaked knee. Returned to practice Saturday.”

“@Ben_Fred: "If he was healthy he'd be the starting PG out of the gate," Martin said. "We'll see how it goes in practice whether he'll start at Xavier."

”“@Ben_Fred: Martin, addressing Maymon's health, said the Sr. forward will play limited (approximately 20) minutes early to help him ease back into games”

bto, I stand corrected. You are spot on with this..when I took a closer look at the article I linked in my OP, I noticed the "good to go" quote from CCM was referring to Saturday's practice. I have since seen some followup on this suggesting that Barton will likely get minutes tonight but not necessarily start. Guess we won't know anything for certain until game time, but I'm hoping to see a healthy Barton get some solid time tonight. Thanks for clarifying on this, sorry for the confusion. GBO! :rock:

VN Store

Back