Grantland's SEC Bball Preview

Grantland is starting to become one of my favorite places to read about sports. If you haven't check out the NBA preview with Jalen Rose on YouTube. Very entertaining.

That was entertaining--good write and he knew what he was atlking about overall. I hope he is correct about Stokes.

Poythress is talented. It's just a matter of being consistent. But I don't think he'll even be 1st team sec.

Other than the generic generalizations about Kentucky fans I liked the article.

Don't think so.

Do you see our football fanbase saying we will be 12-0 next year?

I don't see the football program pulling in 5 straight number one recruiting classes.

UK fans are excited (and yes, somewhat arrogant). But every fan base would act a bit crazy (some more than others admittedly) than others.

Not saying UK fans are not bad (Any fan base that burns coaches when they win is unique). But there's a correlation between the fans actions and success.

I don't see the football program pulling in 5 straight number one recruiting classes.

UK fans are excited (and yes, somewhat arrogant). But every fan base would act a bit crazy (some more than others admittedly) than others.

Not saying UK fans are not bad (Any fan base that burns coaches when they win is unique). But there's a correlation between the fans actions and success.

There is a difference between acting excited, and acting like an arrogant inbred jacka$$.

There are plenty of UK fans saying 40-0 or it's a disappointment, if that's not over the top then I don't know what is.

There is a difference between acting excited, and acting like an arrogant inbred jacka$$.

There are plenty of UK fans saying 40-0 or it's a disappointment, if that's not over the top then I don't know what is.

And there are plenty of them not saying it. Again, Kentucky has it's crazies, but every fan base does. I know plenty of Vol fans that are delirious about football. But I don't make generic statements based on a minority. And yes, the 40-0ers are a minority from what I've heard around Lexington and on campus.

Would be the same way?

Imagine if the Vols won a 2012 NC and had pulled in 5 straight number one classes. Now imagine this years team had the greatest class ever as well.

I think Vol fans would be excited.

Imagine if the Vols won a 2012 NC and had pulled in 5 straight number one classes. Now imagine this years team had the greatest class ever as well.

I think Vol fans would be excited.

Difference in being excited and what I see from UK fans. Of course you can be excited but that's not what I see. More than half of your fan base is unrealistic and arrogant. Just like last year was suppose to be undefeated. We know how that went.

Difference in being excited and what I see from UK fans. Of course you can be excited but that's not what I see. More than half of your fan base is unrealistic and arrogant. Just like last year was suppose to be undefeated. We know how that went.

You're delusional LC

I do not know what kind of Kentucky fans ya'll hang around, but no way in hell are 50%+ "unrealistic and arrogant". Uninformed, usually. But I don't see many unrealistic and arrogant people in Lexington saying 40-0 or bust.

Maybe I just don't hang around those kind of people.

And for last time last year should be tossed out in the trash. Yes, we were bad even with Noel. But I don't see us crashing and burning to the same extent. Yes, it exposed the major flaw in Cal's "system", but again, I don't see us getting that bad again.

VN Store

Back