Tennessee vs. Southern Indiana Game Thread 11/7/13

ainge10heisman

Tennessee Pusher
What can we expect to see from Southern Indiana? What does VN expect to see from our guys? Does anyone know if this game will be on tv?

What can we expect to see from Southern Indiana? What does VN expect to see from our guys? Does anyone know if this game will be on tv?

USI is a quality opponent, they played Indiana tough last week in an exhibition. Ended up being about a 12 point game I believe, but was tight through first half, and tied up late in the 2nd half before IU pulled away late. They've got some really good bigs that will be a very good test for Stokes and Maymon.

No the game will not be on tv, you can listen on radio or watch a stream on utsports.com

USI is a quality opponent, they played Indiana tough last week in an exhibition. Ended up being about a 12 point game I believe, but was tight through first half, and tied up late in the 2nd half before IU pulled away late. They've got some really good bigs that will be a very good test for Stokes and Maymon.

No the game will not be on tv, you can listen on radio or watch a stream on utsports.com

Sounds like it should be a good test for us then. Thanks for the info, will have to watch the stream.

Some D2 teams > half D1

I'll stream it since I'm in Cookeville till the weekend. BTO you going?

USI doesn't have bulky guys in the paint but they're tall and skilled offensively. Tyler Wischmeier is one of the bigs to watch tomorrow. Guards are where we should have an advantage. Starting PG is small and shifty.

USI doesn't have bulky guys in the paint but they're tall and skilled offensively.

According to the Nooga article their starting 4&5 go 6'8" 249 and 6'8" 225. That's pretty bulky IMO, considering Stokes is 6'8" 250ish. Maymon may have some difficulty with their length, should be a test for our bigs for sure.

According to the Nooga article their starting 4&5 go 6'8" 249 and 6'8" 225. That's pretty bulky IMO, considering Stokes is 6'8" 250ish. Maymon may have some difficulty with their length, should be a test for our bigs for sure.

I may be thinking of there post from past years but if that's the case then true. I hope they are tough and ready to push around "within reason" in the paint.

Here were their numbers against IU.

Southern Indiana vs Indiana (10/26/13 at Assembly Hall (Bloomington, Ind.))

Their best 3 pt shooter is 6'8. But he is also a whopping 175lbs, so not sure if he is a 3 or a 4. And Aaron Nelson, one of the bigs bto mentioned, is probably their best player. He is 6'8 249, so hope Maymons knee is ready to start pushing those big guys outta the paint. I can see Stokes checking him a lot though.IMO

VN Store

Back