Bracketology!!!!

I'll be fun to prove folks wrong and have a higher seed.

5 seed puts them at about 25ish. Sounds about right to me right now.

Sure, they might surprise us and finish higher, but right now everything is pointing to them being a good team (20-25 imo). Not great, not bad. But a good team.

If they can get some young players to step up then they can easily jump to a 3-4 seed. But I don't see them being any higher than that.

Every bracketology we see from here on out will probably have us facing Memphis soon in the later rounds

But do you think a bunch of freshman qualifies UKitty as a #1 ranking.

It's very debatable. On paper there's no teams other than 3 or 4 that can match the size and overall talent UK has. But talent only goes so far. Teams like Louisville and KU have a nice mix of young and old players.

The deciding factor will be focus and effort on the court. They have a few sophs and a coupe seniors that could end up contributing a bit. Will be interesting to see if Hood/Polson can step up and function as a Darius Miller player. Someone who can come in the game and provide a few minutes of energy for the starters.

Right now they're certainly top 3. But wouldn't be shocked if they struggle in the sec and end up being like 2011 UK more than 2012 UK.

Reactions: 1 person
5 seed puts them at about 25ish. Sounds about right to me right now.

Sure, they might surprise us and finish higher, but right now everything is pointing to them being a good team (20-25 imo). Not great, not bad. But a good team.

If they can get some young players to step up then they can easily jump to a 3-4 seed. But I don't see them being any higher than that.

Guess we'll find out. Think the Cats stay #1 all season?

Guess we'll find out. Think the Cats stay #1 all season?

They'll lose to either MSU or Louisville. Plenty of other teams will be undefeated at that point so obviously they'll drop a few.

Providing they don't play like 2011 UK on the road they won't drop any lower than 10 all year.

Cal's first team is the best one he's had IMO.

Cal's first team is the best one he's had IMO.

They definitely had a great mix of players. Losing to USCjr was painful to watch. And didn't they lose to UT that year at TBA?

And then they went out and shot terrible against an average WVU team. But that's been the weakness under most of Cals teams. It's a shame because they really were great.

They definitely had a great mix of players. Losing to USCjr was painful to watch. And didn't they lose to UT that year at TBA?

And then they went out and shot terrible against an average WVU team. But that's been the weakness under most of Cals teams. It's a shame because they really were great.

Deepest team he's had.

VN Store

Back