20 Predictions for the season

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
Here are random thoughts that I am not logically putting into. Here we go:

1. Tennessee will make the tourney. Okay, glad we got that one out of the way.

2. Jarnell Stokes goes for 16/10, first team All-SEC, second team All-American, goes in the first round of the NBA draft, and I will probably praise him so much in the post game reports that you will wonder if I have a man crush on him.

3. Robert Hubbs is going to struggle the first part of the season, but he's going to do very well in the SEC to make first team freshman All-SEC. I also expect a big night where he carries the team on the road, and that game will be against Vanderbilt. Expect 20 from him that night.

4. Jeronne Maymon will play every game this season.

5. The Vols will win the first six games of the season, but will fall to Kansas for the Battle of Atlantis trophy.

6. However, do not fret, because UT goes on the road and beats Wichita State because I will not be able to watch them (I will be on my way to Michigan) so of course they will win, as BTO gives the best postgame report of the season.

7. I will look up Pops' last name anytime I type it in the postgame report this season. It's my personal challange to spell his first and last name without lookng by January.

8. Tennessee will have a winning record on the road this season.

9. The All-SEC players for Tennessee this season: Jarnell Stokes & Jordan McRae

10. Antonio Barton will fill in admirably this season at point guard, and will make All-SEC defense, along with Josh Richardson.

11. Tennessee will go into SEC play 11-2, with the two losses to Kansas and Virginia.

12. For the love of God people, Kentucky is not going undefeated this season. Can we shut up with that nonsense?

13. Because Tennessee gets them in Rupp behind Jordan McRae going off.

14. Cuonzo Martin will get a raise and an extension at the end of the season.

15. Tennesse will lose to Florida at the O Dome this year, but has no problems winning by 20 when the Gators come to TBA.

16. Tennessee will end up going 14-4 in the SEC this season. Their losses will be: @ LSU, vs. Arkansas, @Florida, @Missouri

17. Tennessee will go 25-6 (14-4) for the whole regular season.

18. For the first time since 1977, Tennessee wins the SEC Tourney.

19. Tennessee will get the #3 seed for the NCAA Tourney, and advance to the Sweet Sixteen for the fourth time in nine years.

20. I will enjoy every single game this season and can't wait to spend the season with you. Tennessee is going to have a huge season. We are almost here.

Go Vols!!!! :hi:

Reactions: 17 people

2. Jarnell Stokes goes for 16/10, first team All-SEC, second team All-American, goes in the first round of the NBA draft, and I will probably praise him so much in the post game reports that you will wonder if I have a man crush on him.

3. Robert Hubbs is going to struggle the first part of the season, but he's going to do very well in the SEC to make first team freshman All-SEC. I also expect a big night where he carries the team on the road, and that game will be against Vanderbilt. Expect 20 from him that night.

5. The Vols will win the first six games of the season, but will fall to Kansas for the Battle of Atlantis trophy.

6. However, do not fret, because UT goes on the road and beats Wichita State because I will not be able to watch them (I will be on my way to Michigan) so of course they will win, as BTO gives the best postgame report of the season.

7. I will look up Pops' last name anytime I type it in the postgame report this season. It's my personal challange to spell his first and last name without lookng by January.

10. Antonio Barton will fill in admirably this season at point guard, and will make All-SEC defense, along with Josh Richardson.

11. Tennessee will go into SEC play 11-2, with the two losses to Kansas and Virginia.

12. For the love of God people, Kentucky is not going undefeated this season. Can we shut up with that nonsense?

15. Tennesse will lose to Florida at the O Dome this year, but has no problems winning by 20 when the Gators come to TBA.

16. Tennessee will end up going 14-4 in the SEC this season. Their losses will be: @ LSU, vs. Arkansas, @Florida, @Missouri

19. Tennessee will get the #3 seed for the NCAA Tourney, and advance to the Sweet Sixteen for the fourth time in nine years.

20. I will enjoy every single game this season and can't wait to spend the season with you. Tennessee is going to have a huge season. We are almost here.

Lots of optimism laced in there. I like it. Not sure about the winning at Rupp, but none of it is too far-fetched.

Disappointed I lost my bullpen role as the absentee fill-in for the postgame report though. :(

I can honestly see everything here happening except the SEC tourney prediction.

It hasn't happened in my 28 year lifetime I don't believe so until it does, I'll have to see it to believe it!

Lots of optimism laced in there. I like it. Not sure about the winning at Rupp, but none of it is too far-fetched.

Disappointed I lost my bullpen role as the absentee fill-in for the postgame report though. :(

I'll need you for one or two more games. I might let you and BTO fight to the death over it to entertain me.

I like them. I don't think Hubbs will struggle that much on offense but will likely struggle on defense. He'll be the type of player that has a target on his back when defenses scout our team later in the season. Can't wait for the season!

19. That would actually be our fourth Sweet 16 in seven years if we make it (2007, 2008, 2010, 2013).

Awesome job, Z.

Actually, the last time UT won the SEC tourney was in 1979. That was the first year it was reinstated after not having one since 1952.

I can see Hubbs becoming oddly consistent before SEC play. He'll have one of those games before SEC starts where he makes 4-5 threes in a row.

Jarnell promised to win at Rupp before he left UT. This will be his last time he gets to play there.

If UT beats UK in Rupp I'll change my name to LittleVol.

Not even joking lulz.

Solid OP. I agree with all of them except the one about UK :)

If UT beats UK in Rupp I'll change my name to LittleVol.

Not even joking lulz.

Solid OP. I agree with all of them except the one about UK :)

I'm confused. Almost beat y'all in rupp last year? You don't think it's possible. Do I have to remind you of the beat down in TBA last year? Get outta here with that pompous UK ****

I'm confused. Almost beat y'all in rupp last year? You don't think it's possible. Do I have to remind you of the beat down in TBA last year? Get outta here with that pompous UK ****

Ya'll beat us in a weak year with our best player injured the game before. Congrats. You all might still have beat us, but no way in hell it's 30 points.

And yes, I believe UK beats UT this year. No, it won't be a 30 pt game like last year, but I think UK will get its revenge.

Ya'll beat us in a weak year with our best player injured the game before. Congrats. You all might still have beat us, but no way in hell it's 30 points.

And yes, I believe UK beats UT this year. No, it won't be a 30 pt game like last year, but I think UK will get its revenge.

I'm just saying don't act all high and mighty and act like there is no way UT beats you at rupp. Especially when UT beat the **** outta the little kitties last year

I'm just saying don't act all high and mighty and act like there is no way UT beats you at rupp. Especially when UT beat the **** outta the little kitties last year

Not intending to sound "high and mighty". I'm just confident UK can beat UT in Rupp. And yes, I'm willing to bet my name on it :)

Other than the UT/UK I'll be cheering for the Vols.

Not intending to sound "high and mighty". I'm just confident UK can beat UT in Rupp. And yes, I'm willing to bet my name on it :)

Other than the UT/UK I'll be cheering for the Vols.

Lol no hard feelings bro. I actually like what you post on VN and your one of my favorite rival posters. For some reason that post struck me wrong. Just FYI I think UT losses to UK this year also.

Lol no hard feelings bro. I actually like what you post on VN and your one of my favorite rival posters. For some reason that post struck me wrong. Just FYI I think UT losses to UK this year also.

Thanks man. I appreciate it a lot. It's tough to post here sometimes but users like you make it worth my while. I understand how I sounded, it's tough to make my tone clear when it's just words on a screen.

Again, wouldn't be surprised if UT comes out and makes UK fight tooth and nail for a win.

Looking forward to a good year from both teams :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks man. I appreciate it a lot. It's tough to post here sometimes but users like you make it worth my while. I understand how I sounded, it's tough to make my tone clear when it's just words on a screen.

Again, wouldn't be surprised if UT comes out and makes UK fight tooth and nail for a win.

Looking forward to a good year from both teams :hi:

Hey no problem bro. I understand what you deal with, with being a UK fan and all. Btw I took the post outta context so no need to apologize.

Reactions: 1 person

Dude, your Vol fan card is revoked.

comeback1year.png

jk :)

VN Store

Back