McRae?

Stoked

What does he have to do this year to prove that he can be a lottery pick? I think he'll be a 1st rounder for sure, but can he be a lottery pick with this stacked draft class?

What does he have to do this year to prove that he can be a lottery pick? I think he'll be a 1st rounder for sure, but can he be a lottery pick with this stacked draft class?

Probably not. He would have to just put up numbers that probably aren't possible for how balanced we are.

The knock is gonna be his age, the NBA wants younger guys when they draft that high.

Mid-second round is about his limit maybe as high as pick 40-42.

Become the best three point shooter in college basketball.

I think he would fit in really well on the Lakers.

McRae's maximum potential (which is what most lottery picks are drafted based off of) isn't likely near high enough to be a lottery pick. The combination of his age and weight are the primary contributing factors. Playing defense at the 2 isn't nearly as demanding in the current NBA as it is defending the 3 or 4, but I can't think of anyone that gets major playing time at the 2 as skinny as McRae

The good thing about weight is that it can be added easily. I still think he sneaks into the 1st round. Elliott Williams and Will Barton are both similar in weight.

I like McRae to the Thunder, maybe he could be the scorer off the bench that they need. I have little faith in Lamb.

Same here, Lamb, McRae, and Jackson would be nice coming off the bench! I wouldn't mind Stokes in OKC either. Need a good rebounder.

2nd round, imo. Too much youth and euro trash for mcrae to go in the first round.

Rip Hamilton

Yeah Rip is 6'7 190 and was drafted 7th overall after he won a championship...if we win it all and McRae goes beast mode in March and April, I could see something kind of similar.

McRae's maximum potential (which is what most lottery picks are drafted based off of) isn't likely near high enough to be a lottery pick. The combination of his age and weight are the primary contributing factors. Playing defense at the 2 isn't nearly as demanding in the current NBA as it is defending the 3 or 4, but I can't think of anyone that gets major playing time at the 2 as skinny as McRae

I think McRae's ability to stay healthy will take away some of the age criticism.

And I don't think players have to be as physical now to be an NBA contributor as they used to. I view Mcrae somewhere betwee Jamal Crawford and John Jenkins, in the NBA. And neither of those two are big guys.

Jason Terry would be another good example. IMO

Yeah Rip is 6'7 190 and was drafted 7th overall after he won a championship...if we win it all and McRae goes beast mode in March and April, I could see something kind of similar.

You know what, you may have just answered your question. If McRae led us to the final four, averaging say 20ppg in the tourney he would very likely go lottery.

You know what, you may have just answered your question. If McRae led us to the final four, averaging say 20ppg in the tourney he would very likely go lottery.

I could see him going as low as mid second round if we lose in the sweet 16, yet lottery as you just described. That's the nature of the beast.

He would need an amazing season (which won't happen because we aren't a one trick pony. Too many scoring options on our team) and then amazing workouts.

VN Store

Back