Battle For Atlantis Preview

Looks like they view Iowa as better than Tennessee, and also Nova better than Tennessee (but they don't like Nova's odds of beating KU).

This is the same guy who did ESPN's ranking of every team. So these predictions will mirror his rankings. He has Iowa rates higher than Tennessee. Iowa is going to be much improved I think. Would be a good matchup for sure

Considering we start this tournament playing xavier, it makes sense. This tourney is no cupcake

I hope they view every team we play in the tourney as better than Tennessee.
That way, every victory is a feather in our cap and another step up the ladder.

I hate how with predictions they never report based on how teams stack up against each other, just more who has a better ranking.

Last edited:
I hate how with predictions they never report based on how teams stack up against each other, just more who has a better ranking.

What do you mean? The point of rankings is to place teams in relation to one another

Not to get off topic, but what happened to the Great Alaska Shootout? That used to be one of the 2-3 premier pre-season tournaments.

Anyway, I know UT played Gonzaga twice in the '08-'09 season and it's a bit too early to say UT will play Xavier twice but can anyone think of another time UT has played an OOC opponent twice in a season?

Not to get off topic, but what happened to the Great Alaska Shootout? That used to be one of the 2-3 premier pre-season tournaments.

Anyway, I know UT played Gonzaga twice in the '08-'09 season and it's a bit too early to say UT will play Xavier twice but can anyone think of another time UT has played an OOC opponent twice in a season?

Memphis 2 years ago?

Just looked at the calendar and saw that this tourney is during Thanksgiving weekend. I'm crunk lol! I get to eat turkey and watch us smash UTEP, then eat leftovers and watch us win the championship :) On the schedule it says the UTEP game is on NBC Sports Net? Does dish get it?

Just looked at the calendar and saw that this tourney is during Thanksgiving weekend. I'm crunk lol! I get to eat turkey and watch us smash UTEP, then eat leftovers and watch us win the championship :) On the schedule it says the UTEP game is on NBC Sports Net? Does dish get it?

Yeah it's on Dish, channel 159 if I'm not mistaken. I'm with you on watching the Vols play on Thanksgiving, it should be good and I can't wait.

What do you mean? The point of rankings is to place teams in relation to one another
Yes, but certain teams stack better against other teams. Example:

Team 1 is ranked #10 in the nation, but has a problem turnovers.

Team 2 is an unranked opponent but gets a high ammount of steals per game.

I know it's just a minuscule example and theres obviously more factors into a basketball game then steals, but you should get my point.

I think we stack up against Kansas pretty well, they have talent but they are also an inexperienced team. We have a decent amount of talent, but have a very experienced team. It'd be a good game, but most "reporters" would give the game to Kansas solely on the fact of their talent and/or rank.

Yes, but certain teams stack better against other teams. Example:

Team 1 is ranked #10 in the nation, but has a problem turnovers.

Team 2 is an unranked opponent but gets a high ammount of steals per game.

I know it's just a minuscule example and theres obviously more factors into a basketball game then steals, but you should get my point.

I think we stack up against Kansas pretty well, they have talent but they are also an inexperienced team. We have a decent amount of talent, but have a very experienced team. It'd be a good game, but most "reporters" would give the game to Kansas solely on the fact of their talent and/or rank.

There are so many variables that would be crazy to analyze.

Wiggins dropped 16 points in his opener vs Pittsburgh State. Really hope we meet them in the championship in B4A! McRae can make some serious money if he shows Wiggins up!

Wiggins dropped 16 points in his opener vs Pittsburgh State. Really hope we meet them in the championship in B4A! McRae can make some serious money if he shows Wiggins up!

At this point, I'm just hoping my Lakers tank this season and win the lottery to draft Wiggins.

Keep him out of the lane and he won't do much, unfortunately with the new rules that's easier said than done.

VN Store

Back