Braedon Gall

TXA&M07

Roll the dice....
What are your thoughts on him and his work?

He makes a weekly call in to our local radio guy and I enjoy hearing his thoughts. Today he made some interesting comments about his alma mater and I'm curious what you guys think of him.

You're looking for aggienation.com....made a wrong turn at Albuquerque
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 8 people
Think op is talking about an Athlon Sports writer. But he spells his name Braden Gall.

I like him, he co-hosts a show in Nashville once a week on Thursday nights or something like that on 104.5, and he'll call in every once in a while too. I think he lives here in Nashville. Younger guy, but has an unbiased opinion on everything, just tells it like it is and typically has a lot of good stats and such. Does a lot of research and prepares.

Agree with Major. He does a good job giving interesting insight, not just the normal stuff.

I think he's pretty good. Seems to be unbiased and tells it like it is. I actually called into 104.5 last night and asked him what he thought of the direction UT is headed, and where they may be in a couple of years. He said they're going in the right direction, and that Butch is the right guy. Also said they need to have a couple of really good recruiting classes. They also need to start by jumping ahead of a team or two in front of them (actually said Florida might be that team)!

Well, today he implied he knew much more about the Pearl BBQ/5 year show cause/ fired thing. I was kinda suprised he mentioned it because typically he does not make comments like that and follow them up with the "but I can't go into detail" phrase.

He's always said what he said and stuck behind it.

I've never heard him drop the "I know stuff, but I can't tell you" card like he did today.

Well, today he implied he knew much more about the Pearl BBQ/5 year show cause/ fired thing. I was kinda suprised he mentioned it because typically he does not make comments like that and follow them up with the "but I can't go into detail" phrase.

He's always said what he said and stuck behind it.

I've never heard him drop the "I know stuff, but I can't tell you" card like he did today.

Did he have the tone of "I know things about the BBQ and how Pearl got set up and shafted by the university and NCAA" or did he have the tone of "I know things about the BBQ and other things that got covered up by Pearl and the university".

Is Clay a closet vandy fan? ppl on here always act like he loves him some vandy but I thought Travis was a UT alum and wrote the book on Fulmer?

Clay Travis was and maybe still is a UT fan.

He's a troll and he's very good at it. He trolls the entire SEC, fanbase by fanbase. His act wore thin with me a long time ago. I unfollowed on twitter and then blocked retweets of his tweets.

He's a troll.

Did he have the tone of "I know things about the BBQ and how Pearl got set up and shafted by the university and NCAA" or did he have the tone of "I know things about the BBQ and other things that got covered up by Pearl and the university".

He implied that Tennessee fans should not be complaining about how Pearl got suck a harsh punishment compared to the Miami deal that recently went down. He also implied that he knows the whole story and that Tennessee was forced to make a choice and dismissing Pearl was the best option. Otherwise it could have gotten really bad for the program. Made comments like he's a Calapari kinda guy in a lot of ways that are similar to the reason people hate Calapari.

He knows where there are some bodies buried it sounds like.

He implied that Tennessee fans should not be complaining about how Pearl got suck a harsh punishment compared to the Miami deal that recently went down. He also implied that he knows the whole story and that Tennessee was forced to make a choice and dismissing Pearl was the best option. Otherwise it could have gotten really bad for the program. Made comments like he's a Calapari kinda guy in a lot of ways that are similar to the reason people hate Calapari.

Interesting....can't wait for the book to finally be written

I am not going to claim to know anymore because I don't. But it is unfair for a journalist to say that he knows more but wont say. That just opens a can of worms for speculation. I am pretty sure that the NCAA would have put any other reasons for a show cause in its report. The NCAA gets criticized on a daily basis, and they would surely cover themselves if they had more reasons to keep someone from coaching for 3 years. Pearl just played the game- basketball recruiting is a dirty thing. Gary Parrish, CBS college basketball analyst, will tell you that it is inherently dirty, and all good coaches know how to play the system. Bruce kind of ran loose in his life evidenced by his divorce and remarriage to a younger woman. But I doubt he did much different than what others did. The reason why we loved Bruce is because he would stand up to Calipari and be willing to take the chances that others did. Even though Cal is criticized, he has never been personally touched by the NCAA and probably never will be. I think it is really unfair to speculate about other serious issues and poor journalism. JMO.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back