Richardson Adds the 3-ball

I want to see it live first. He had a new release early last year, then reverted to his old one as the season wore on. He just seems to be better off the dribble and pulling up, whereas his 3ball seemed to be more of a set shot. Imo, better shooters are consistent with elevation and release.

Reactions: 1 person
That's funny. The quote from Williams says that mechanics wasn't an issue. I remember reading or hear CCM say that Richardson changed his mechanics over the summer which greatly improved his 3 pt shot. He applauded him for making the changes because most athletes wouldn't do that at this stage of their career.

That's funny. The quote from Williams says that mechanics wasn't an issue. I remember reading or hear CCM say that Richardson changed his mechanics over the summer which greatly improved his 3 pt shot. He applauded him for making the changes because most athletes wouldn't do that at this stage of their career.

this is deja vu for me. Seems like we had this same conversation last year prior to the season in regards to a new 3ball weapon and new mechanics

I have to see us be just an average jump shooting team before I start banking on us raining 3s on people, that's just my opinion though.

Reactions: 1 person
you'll recall that Hall had supposedly added a long range jumper prior to last year that was going to help spread the floor.

These reports of player improvement come out every year. I will always remember McBee was called the best shooting guard in the NCAA last year right before the season started. He never missed a 3 in practice is what was said. Take these reports as "wait and see". As for Richardson's case, he's one of the hardest workers on the team and he shot 21% from the 3 last year, so I do expect an improvement. If he just gets to a modest 30%, then yes that would be a dramatic improvement.

Skylar really did seldom miss. The thing is that a lot of guys are cozy in practice and light it up. We talkin bout practice man. Practice.

I think it will be somewhere in between as is usually the case. I think you'll see an improvement in his 3 ball percentage wise, but nobodies saying Loftonesque. I would say somewhere in the low 30% range, and that would be great IMO. That's enough to keep guys honest and from doubling down off of you.

Skylar really did seldom miss. The thing is that a lot of guys are cozy in practice and light it up. We talkin bout practice man. Practice.
Skylar couldn't handle away crowds, he always let being away effect his mental approach.

you'll recall that Hall had supposedly added a long range jumper prior to last year that was going to help spread the floor.

In Kenny's defense (and I'll rarely come to his defense), he was a better player from 8 feet from the basket than he was underneath it. He actually had a nice shot from about 8-10 feet.

In Kenny's defense (and I'll rarely come to his defense), he was a better player from 8 feet from the basket than he was underneath it. He actually had a nice shot from about 8-10 feet.

Very true. And it was a 180 from his freshman yr. I remember him trying to dunk everytime he got his hands on it inside the paint, as a freshman.

Hall is the most frustrating player for me since I started watching UT in '88. Mainly from an effort and focus standpoint.

Hall is the most frustrating player for me since I started watching UT in '88. Mainly from an effort and focus standpoint.

Agree on Kenny. I've never seem a player get collectively worse, softer, and lazier from the start of his career to the end.

Swiperboy started at UT as a freshman and only got mop up minutes at UT and USC his final 2 years.

Right! We knew what we were gonna get with him(consistancy), therefore he rode the pine. thus the smiley face in my previous post.

Im a goob man, don't pay me no mind.

Swiperboy started at UT as a freshman and only got mop up minutes at UT and USC his final 2 years.

Seriously though, he only started a few games his freshman year right. Once he started setting up camp around the 3 pt line and not making any effort to rebound to ball he found his new home, on the bench.? Thats the way I remember it for some reason.

He was pretty frustrating for me. iirc we were getting blown out at home a couple years ago by KY and he came off the bench and hit like 5 3's. He hit like 3 against Georgetown his Freshman year.

He was pretty frustrating for me. iirc we were getting blown out at home a couple years ago by KY and he came off the bench and hit like 5 3's. He hit like 3 against Georgetown his Freshman year.
Yeah, his last year here he got hot against KY and hit 5 in a row. Pretty awesome to watch.

VN Store

Back