'15 KY SG Camron Justice (UT Commit 10/19/13)

CAVol

Cameron Justice - Yahoo! Sports

"I've heard from Tennessee for a long time now, they were one of the first schools to really kind of be serious about me I think and I've gotten to know the coaches pretty well because of that. I like it there, like the staff and everything, it's a really good school from what I've seen"

UOV to the Kentucky game this season.

Lights out shooter that would be a great addition to our 2015 class. We were one of the first schools to recruit him seriously so hopefully that pays off in the end.

Last edited:
Article said he is a guy the other team has to always plan against. That not only is he a good shooter while he is open, but when others are in his face. He seems to really be interested in Tennessee. Would be nice if he was another Chris Lofton type. Man I enjoyed watching him play!

Yeah I wonder how far Hindman KY is from Maysville?

Quite a ways. Hindman is in SE KY (near Hazard). Maysville is about an hour E/SE of Cincy.

I will try to see him play if I get a chance this coming season.

Quite a ways. Hindman is in SE KY (near Hazard). Maysville is about an hour E/SE of Cincy.

I will try to see him play if I get a chance this coming season.

Gotcha. Funny, I pulled up C Lo's Rival page as soon as I looked at this kid. Both are listed as 6'2. No way C Lo was 6'2, was he?

So...this kid is gonna blow up i'm guessing and start getting all of these crazy offers?

If Lofton was 6'2, he'd be in the NBA.

Disagree. At 6-2, he's still not athletic enough to guard quicker 6-6 SGs in the NBA, nor is he quick enough or skilled enough with the ball to take them off the dribble.

Him not making the NBA wasn't as simplified as a squabble over whether he's 6-1 or 6-2.

Disagree. At 6-2, he's still not athletic enough to guard quicker 6-6 SGs in the NBA, nor is he quick enough or skilled enough with the ball to take them off the dribble.

Him not making the NBA wasn't as simplified as a squabble over whether he's 6-1 or 6-2.

Exactly. I was more surprised JaJuan Smith never got a shot than Lofton. Smith, while not as good of a pure shooter, was better in all those other aspects you mentioned.

Exactly. I was more surprised JaJuan Smith never got a shot than Lofton. Smith, while not as good of a pure shooter, was better in all those other aspects you mentioned.

Agree. Always that Jajuan would make it in the league before Lofton.

Watched him play in the KY State Tourney this year. He was blanketed the entire game and still put up 24 points. I was actually pretty amazed at his poise despite being double teamed often and always having a hand in his face. They were really trying to get under his skin. At this point, he needs to work on passing out of double teams. He had a few turnovers where he didn't pick up on it quick enough and find the open man. Still...the dude was only a sophomore!

Very respectful. Sounds like a media pro already...

"They pressed from buzzer to buzzer," Justice said. "They ran at me with two defenders the whole time I had the ball. I've just got to take my hat off to them. They're a good ball club and we didn't play our best."

Sweet Sixteen: Ballard boys beat Knott County Central 68-53, reach semifinals | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

My wife went to the same high school. Everyone knows everyone in that town. Word travels fast. Obviously a long way to go, but we are high on his list from everything I've heard. KCC only loses one major contributor so you may have a chance to see them at Rupp again next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Hubbs and Thompson were scorers in high school but ok.

Actually I made the comment tongue in cheek. Thompson didn't score a lot in HS. I think he only averaged about 15/16 his senior year when he started being recruited.

VN Store

Back