Bruce Pearl part of Memphis Tigers Midnight Madness

1985Vols

As Reported by the Commercial Appeal He was part of the show in Memphis as they had 18,000 for their first practice. Pearl showed up wearing an orange tie and suspenders and was booed very loudly when Josh Pastner gave him a Blue jacket and pearl put it on. I gues CBP is promoting himself to be then next coach of the Tigers.

Or he could have been there as a member of the media. Either way, he's not going to be the coach here so he can put on a Florida jacket for all I care.

I am for hiring bruce pearl back he would have us back in the top 5 in the nation with the players we have and would get to go back to ncaa tourny

I'm surprised certain other posters arent in here trolling yet. Love Pearl but it's over and done with.

Pearl dragged us straight out of the pit of irrelevance and put us on the national stage every year. He'll always be my favourite UT basketball icon

Reactions: 1 person
I hate the pearl threads in here. Screw pearl and I'm tired of posters on here who keep bringing him up. I'm glad he won't ever be hired back and the love bone posters on here have with him make me sick. It's like he made your university look bad but yet you'll go crawling back to him, hell no! Get outta here with that crap. I'm glad he got us outta irrelevance, but we got a good coach now and good team now. Freaking back them up, not a coach who hasn't been here for 3 years cause he lied to the NCAA. Damn I'm done and I'm not posting in this thread again. The love for pearl that's about to go down in this thread is going to make me sick.

Reactions: 1 person
The fact that he got booed by Tiger High fans proves what he did at Tennessee was great & did anyone else notice their crowd at a BB practice was bigger than at most of their football games!

fin.jpg

I hate the pearl threads in here. Screw pearl and I'm tired of posters on here who keep bringing him up. I'm glad he won't ever be hired back and the love bone posters on here have with him make me sick. It's like he made your university look bad but yet you'll go crawling back to him, hell no! Get outta here with that crap. I'm glad he got us outta irrelevance, but we got a good coach now and good team now. Freaking back them up, not a coach who hasn't been here for 3 years cause he lied to the NCAA. Damn I'm done and I'm not posting in this thread again. The love for pearl that's about to go down in this thread is going to make me sick.

Personally, I don't think he made the university look bad and I am an alum and love the university more than anything. I can't believe how sensitive people are to things in the basketball forum. As for supporting the coach we have, our attendance has been one of the tops in the county even though we have not made the tourney....How exactly has he not been supported?

Personally, I don't think he made the university look bad

I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I don't know how you truthfully can think that. Being all over sportscenter everyday, being the talk of every sports radio show, and for all the wrong reasons, was an absolute embarrassment.

It's about Memphis madness though. That would be like discussing Buzz Peterson and his current job in here, really has no direct tie to the Tennessee basketball team.

Jmo

I see your point, but any former Vol coach or player has a tie with UT. This thread would die in another forum.

I see your point, but any former Vol coach or player has a tie with UT. This thread would die in another forum.

Which is what it needs to do. You know what this thread will turn into, and the fact were discussing Memphis basketball makes it that much worse.

VN Store

Back