Nashville To Host 12 Straight SEC Basketball Tournaments

Georgia Dome is a terrible venue for basketball. Kind of like an aircraft carrier. Its a novel idea, but not practical at all.

You know I've never actually seen a game in the Georgia dome, but I've been to one in the Bridgestone and I didn't like it for some reason. O well, maybe the Georgia dome sucks worse than the Bridgestone

Last edited:
I don't like Nashville as a permanent home. Fewer seats in the place, and they keep increasing the price of the tournament book. Also, if you go every year, it was nice to travel to different places.

And, for whatever reason, UT historically plays horribly whenever the SECT is in Nashville. I realize we're generally below average in the SECT in any venue, but it's especially bad in Nashville. I honestly think a reason for that is our players will expect a bit of a home court advantage with the event taking place in our home state, but in reality, they'll be playing in front of the Kentucky fans even when UK is not the opponent.

The only way Nashville helps us is if we're ever good in a year that UK loses early in the SECT.

I don't like Nashville as a permanent home. Fewer seats in the place, and they keep increasing the price of the tournament book. Also, if you go every year, it was nice to travel to different places.

And, for whatever reason, UT historically plays horribly whenever the SECT is in Nashville. I realize we're generally below average in the SECT in any venue, but it's especially bad in Nashville. I honestly think a reason for that is our players will expect a bit of a home court advantage with the event taking place in our home state, but in reality, they'll be playing in front of the Kentucky fans even when UK is not the opponent.

The only way Nashville helps us is if we're ever good in a year that UK loses early in the SECT.

Plus we lost to UK when I went, so it left a bad taste in my mouth

To be fair, UT historically plays terrible in the SEC Tourney without regard to where it is played. Nashville, Atlanta, Tampa, Djibouti, the Moon...it makes no difference.

Reactions: 1 person
You know I've never actually seen a game in the Georgia dome, but I've been to one in the Bridgestone and I didn't like it for some reason. O well, maybe the Georgia dome sucks worse than the Bridgestone

Consequently, I've never been to Bridgestone, but it is at least a basketball venue vs the hollow cave that is the Georgia Dome. Playing basketball there is akin to playing at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.

Yes, all day long.
I would rather play in front of an arena full of Gators than an arena full of Wildcats.

And you don't think it would be full of UK blue anyway?
I hate the Cat's but dang, they do travel well.

I don't think we could possibly play worse anywhere than we do in the Georgia Dome. I went to the SECT two or three years there, and we were horrible.

VN Store

Back