Is this year's team the Vols Most talented team since

1985Vols

The 2009-10 Elite 8 Vols or the 1976-77 Vols?

2009-10( most talented in recent history)
Wayne Chism
Scotty Hopson
Bobby Maze
JP Prince

1977-78 ( easily the most talented Vols starting 5 ever assembled , not much depth though)
Bernard King
Ernie Grunfeld
Reggie Johnson
Mike Jackson
Johnny Darden

2013-14 (loaded with talent and depth)
Jordan McRae
Jeronne Maymon
Antonio Barton
Jarnell Stokes
Robert Hubbs or Josh Richardson

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
JaJuan Smith had a terrible year in 2009-10. Didn't score a point all year

IMO Most talent was in 2007/08
Lofton
J. Smith
T. Smith
Chism
J.P. Prince
Duke Crews
R. Smith

Reactions: 5 people
JaJuan Smith had a terrible year in 2009-10. Didn't score a point all year

IMO Most talent was in 2007/08
Lofton
J. Smith
T. Smith
Chism
J.P. Prince
Duke Crews
R. Smith

My bad on JaJuan, however,the team above isn't close to the 1976-77 team. I think this years team would give the 2007-08 team a run for their money

My bad on JaJuan, however,the team above isn't close to the 1976-77 team. I think this years team would give the 2007-08 team a run for their money

Didn't get to see them play so I can't comment. The team Bravo mentioned is really good. I think the 09-10 team is under valued. Not just because of the elite 8, but they're a silly foul away from being in the final 4. They handled a lot of teams that year.

Didn't get to see them play so I can't comment. The team Bravo mentioned is really good. I think the 09-10 team is under valued. Not just because of the elite 8, but they're a silly foul away from being in the final 4. They handled a lot of teams that year.

09/10 team was the team that got HOT during tourney time.

The 06/07 was the team IMO that had the best shot at playing for the NC. We beat Ohio St in the sweet 16 and then the match ups from then on was definitely in UTs favor.

We would have lost on an open lay-up without that foul. The horrible defensive breakdown that left the guy open and not the resulting foul was the problem.

Man...we would have had butler next too

We would have lost on an open lay-up without that foul. The horrible defensive breakdown that left the guy open and not the resulting foul was the problem.

Also true. Should have said a total defensive breakdown.

We forget... Major Wingate was supposed to be on that team, tell me we don't beat Ohio St or win a few more games with him.

Potential is there. They definitely have SEC Championship and Final 4 talent. Can't wait for the season to start.

Not only do we have talent.. Our bench is deep. If we don't get to at least the sweet 16 the season is a disappointment to me. No excuses barring injuries

Isiah Victor
Vincent Yarbrough
C.J. Black
Charles Hathaway
Dell Baker

That was some of the talent UT had when they lost to North Carolina in the NCAA Tournament on Jerry Green's watch and i think the year was 2001.

VN Store

Back