Media Day

bleedingTNorange

Today is media day for the basketball team, ill post all the picture, tweets, quotes etc I come across in here.

GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I got a buddy that HATES the black seats. But I think they set off the orange. That shot of the arena just makes my "Jones'in" worse.

Can't wait
GBO

Why do you have to torture us like that BTO lol. I wonder if they are doing that 5 pack game thing again this year where you pick 5 SEC games?

I'm sure they'll have all sorts of promotional ticket packages, they'll want TBA packed.

“@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: I really like this group of guys. they are very fun to be around. They are close knit, good camaraderie and leadership.”

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: #TougherBreed is what we are built around. Now is the time to present it &wear the badge of honor all the time. I feel good about it

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: I respect the media and the time and effort they put into covering our program.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: I feel we have talented guys that represent #TougherBreed. You have guys that have been in the trenches. Guys are embracing roles

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: Guys are accepting of their roles. We are a family.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: Credit to Nicodemus in strength and Chad with athletic training. The physical grind, we have guys keeping them healthy.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: In recruiting, we want to find the guys that fit our program. Guys that can fill roles that help us.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: We have been blessed to get 3 guys from Memphis area. We have guys from all over. We are building relationships.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN (on getting off to fast start): We need to get off to a good start. The 1st year, we were a new team.Year 2, we had a key guy go down

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: This year we have the pieces in place. If we have to go 4 guards, we have the positions in place.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: With Jordan, Jeronne, Jarnell, the ball will flow through them every time. The ball has to go inside. Those guys demand double teams

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: We can't shoot 3-pointers all the time. We have to get the ball inside.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: Barton, talent is talent. He has been there (NCAA Tourney). We are hungry to be the best team we can this season.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: Maymon is looking fine, he looks good in practice. He went 3 days in a row in practice. to his credit, he is finishing all practices

@patrickbrownTFP: Cuonzo on pressure to make the NCAA tournament: 'I don't put it on myself, and I hope [the players] don't put it on themselves.'

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: When I was a player you accepted your roles. Now days, you have to be delicate and make guys feel good about their roles.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: Hubbs is a very talented played. One of the best athletes I have been around. He has a great build, can play a physical style.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: We tell them one day at a time, we want Robert to be aggressive, but take it one day at a time.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: We talk a lot about life situations. The level of toughness. But we have to focus on getting better every day.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: Right now we have 4 of 15 guys that play hard for the entire practice. That says a lot about a man who can go full all practice.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: We spend a lot of time on skill development and that helps as the season progresses.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: This team and my last year at Missouri State have about the same amount of experience.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: I like what I am seeing, Everyone other than Lopez is 6-2 taller. We have multiple guys that can make shots.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: I hate giving up baskets. #TougherBreed

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN (on Richardson): He is shooting it really well. We do a lot of drills. He is shooting 68 pct on avg, since Sept.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: Josh can shoot 3 FGs, but he still a guy that slashes to the rim. He is one of the best in the college game at the pull-up jumper

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: Pops has good energy. He was the MVP yesterday. He runs the floor really well. He's a big body. He has to get better on both ends.

@wesrucker247: Cuonzo on Vols: "We have top-to-bottom talent ... and experience. We have what we need."

@wesrucker247: Cuonzo: We have four guys who could either play 20 minutes/game or not even be in the rotation. That's how close it is.

@wesrucker247: Everyone talks about Robert Hubbs, and for good reason, but I think Vols Fr PG Darius Thompson was an absolute steal.

@wesrucker247: Everyone talks about Robert Hubbs, and for good reason, but I think Vols Fr PG Darius Thompson was an absolute steal.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN: We spend a lot of time on skill development and that helps as the season progresses.

@Vol_Hoops: MARTIN (on Richardson): He is shooting it really well. We do a lot of drills. He is shooting 68 pct on avg, since Sept.

1. I'm excited to see how Darius plays out. Heard great things about him.

2. I like how Martin is so skill development orientated, makes for a better, well-rounded team.

3. Expect to see a different Richardson last year. I think he realized he's good at getting looks but can't finish the shot. That 68% is awesome, if Richardson can continue to keep it up and improve he'll be a monster for UT.

My three are Richardson, Thompson and Pops. We'll legit be 10 deep it seems like.

I think Pops will definitely surprise, but may not be enough minutes for him to do too much this year, but watch out next year. Agree with you on Thompson, he legitimately seems to be shocking everyone, 2 PGs....yes please! With Richardson though, I'm talking like possible all-sec team, or honorable mention type of season, I could see it.

I think Pops will definitely surprise, but may not be enough minutes for him to do too much this year, but watch out next year. Agree with you on Thompson, he legitimately seems to be shocking everyone, 2 PGs....yes please! With Richardson though, I'm talking like possible all-sec team, or honorable mention type of season, I could see it.

Ahh I see. Yeah I agree. I hope he does break out and takes some pressure off of Jordy Maymon Jarnell and Hubbs.

Ahh I see. Yeah I agree. I hope he does break out and takes some pressure off of Jordy Maymon Jarnell and Hubbs.

I just see him getting left open a lot...he'll be the 4th scoring option at best out there, and teams won't help off Barton much IMO. I think Richardson will get a lot of open looks and be kind of the forgotten one, at least to start the season. And that's not even mentioning his defense which should be improved this season.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back