Open practice Saturday?

johnnybravo

I heard there is an open practice at 11:30am Saturday before the game. I've also been seeing all 4 recruits (Turman, Cornish, Austin, and Cofer) have been tweeting that they will be here this weekend. Nice to see them close up while they view practice at TBA.

What are we supposed to respond to this?

Yes, there's open practice. I know Cofer and Cornish are going to be here not sure about Austin

I just heard there was an open practice through a friend, but couldn't find anything on the web to confirm. I had not seen anyone say anything about it on here either, so I posted. I read on another site that Cofer posted that he was TN Bound this past Wed. Turman tweeted:

Looks like Turman will be in Knoxville too.

Jordan Cornish ‏ @ jordancornish_ 2 Oct
@ 1_turman You coming this weekend?

Expand
ceejay ‏ @ 1_turman 2 Oct
@ jordancornish_ yeah

So, it looks like all 4 recruits will be in town this weekend.

Is Austin coming for sure?

Here's the tweets copied from another site between Cornish and Austin, so kinda sounds like it, but not 100% possitive. I would think that CCM would want to arrange all the recruits together once on a visit this year and looks like this would be the weekend.

To visit this weekend?

“@jordancornish_: Finally made it to Knoxville”

“@jordancornish_: My dude @_LarryAustin2_ got delayed twice lmaoo... don't get in until 1”

What are we supposed to respond to this?

Yes, there's open practice. I know Cofer and Cornish are going to be here not sure about Austin

Austin is here. Flight got delayed last night but he's here.

Here's some posts from a guy on VQ who's basketball opinion I respect...

There is crazy depth on the court right now. How does the rotation get worked out? Edwards, Moore, Chievous, Thompson, Lopez, Reese, Davis, Pops...lots of guys fighting for back up roles.

Barton
McRae
Richardson
Maymon
Stokes
Hubbs

First impression:
Pops is huge and somewhat smooth and balanced. Sonething I never thought about Yemi.

Not sure if it translates to playing time but Reese looks like a freaking boss!

Can't remember ever seeing better hops in Orange than Hubbs.

Stokes is lean. Maymon looks healthy. Barton looks legit. Love having a pg that doesn't have pudge.

First offensive work-- wing ballscreen with a shooter raising out of the corner. Davis, Reese, Moore, Maymon working at the 4. Pops and Stokes at the 5.

Yes, Reese 15 lbs? I like the way he looks. Looks like a starting 4 in another year. So does AJ.

Love the way Darius moves. Fluid, nice stroke, great length, needs a solid year in the weight room, but he can shoot.

Just did 10 minutes of breakdown drills working on starting the fast break. Never seen us do those drills before. Really exciting with this depth. Thus team definitely has wheels would love to see us run and gun.

8 minutes of FT's. Barton looks like he shoots em in his sleep. Wish it would rub off on Stokes.

Trae who? Barton is an upgrade!

Full court trips. Sprint ball screens in teansition. Pick and pop for the threeball. Pops and Stokes only two playing on the low block right now.

5 minutes of Closeouts. High hands, chopping feet, squeaking sneakers, chatter... Heaven on the Hardwood!

Reactions: 3 people
I think we'll miss Trae's ability to get in the lane, he drew a lot contact and if he missed it gave Stokes a chance for easy put backs. Just a thought.

VN Store

Back