Coach Martin Media Session 1 (10-2-13)

2 things that stuck out to me:

1. Spoke very highly of AJ, becoming clear we will be seeing a lot of him. Martin said he's now 6'8" plus and is up to 216lbs, sees him capable of playing the 1-5.

2. Spoke about the importance of getting out of the gate early, that is music to my ears!

I ate at Copper Cellar for lunch today for $5 wednesday burgers. As I saw Cuonzo walking through parking lot with Nicodemus. Now that dude is ripppppppped.

I assume he means letting them run and push the ball, instead of slowing down and calling set plays.

Yeah that's what I mean. I'm not saying Martin was doing it to hinder the team. Kind of had to, but let them play within the realm of the offense and adjust when you need to.

1. Spoke very highly of AJ, becoming clear we will be seeing a lot of him. Martin said he's now 6'8" plus and is up to 216lbs, sees him capable of playing the 1-5.

2. Spoke about the importance of getting out of the gate early, that is music to my ears!

Definitely doesn't hurt having two post players being able to bring the ball up the floor in Maymon and AJ. I think the fast break will be our friend.

1-5 or 3-5?

Sounds like to me that all 3 freshman will be logging quite a few minutes and that AJ passed up Edwards, Reese, and Q and that we'll prolly be starting 3 sophomores a senior and a freshman if we land Looney in 2014-2015
D Thomp
R3
Richie Rich
AJ
Looney tunes
Sounds like a solid lineup to me

I hope that's coach speak and he really doesn't put him out there at the 1. That likely would turn out worse than the J.P. at the 1 experiment with Pearl. J.P. had even played 1 in high school and couldn't pull it off in D1.

I don't think he's saying he's gonna start him at PG over Barton, relax lol. He made it sound like he could be used IN THE FUTURE like Jeronne Maymon 2 years ago. He could be used to bring the ball up I'm certain situations, and in an emergency situation could play a little point.

Sounds like to me that all 3 freshman will be logging quite a few minutes and that AJ passed up Edwards, Reese, and Q and that we'll prolly be starting 3 sophomores a senior and a freshman if we land Looney in 2014-2015
D Thomp
R3
Richie Rich
AJ
Looney tunes
Sounds like a solid lineup to me

This. That's a nice lineup with cofer, Austin, Thurman, and pops off the bench.

My guess at next year 's lineup

Austin
Hubbs
Richardson
Davis
Turman

Thompson
Moore
Cornish
Coder
Pops

My guess is that Moore would get 20 minutes a game in that scenario with Hubbs/Richardson getting 30 minutes a game.

Austin
Hubbs
Richardson
Davis
Turman

Thompson
Moore
Cornish
Coder
Pops

My guess is that Moore would get 20 minutes a game in that scenario with Hubbs/Richardson getting 30 minutes a game.
You think Turman will get the start right out of HS? I'd see it as either Davis/Pops getting the 5, with Moore/Reese/Q/Cofer playing the four. I also think Thompson will prove some people wrong about his initial HS ranking and IMO will get the start.

You think Turman will get the start right out of HS? I'd see it as either Davis/Pops getting the 5, with Moore/Reese/Q/Cofer playing the four. I also think Thompson will prove some people wrong about his initial HS ranking and IMO will get the start.

Idk, his size alone makes Pops pretty much his only competition. Depends on how well Pops adapts to NCAA game.

Austin
Hubbs
Richardson
Davis
Turman

Thompson
Moore
Cornish
Coder
Pops

How did I forget Cornish and moore

We can't win in the sec in football right now. But I think coach Martin is going to have one hell of a team this yr. So we can take our frustration out on our sec foes in basketball. GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back