A Confident McRae will be DANGEROUS!

He'll be a lot better this year, hopefully more consistant too. Big things will happen this year.

Not to mention Jordan has better handles and a bigger frame, I can't wait.

Was excited when I heard he would he attending those 2 camps, all he lacked was maybe a little confidence. He can take any defender in the country and score, now that he knows that, watch out.

I love this part:

“It feels like he’s been here four years,” McRae said of Barton. “He’s already gelled with the team; even people who aren’t in our program have noticed that. That translates onto the court.
“Everybody has good chemistry with him. He’s great for what we’re trying to do because he brings a different sort of movement. He’s fast, and everybody hates to guard him. Every time you turn around, he’s right there. And he doesn’t care about getting his shots. He just wants to average six or seven assists and win.”

Reactions: 2 people
Was excited when I heard he would he attending those 2 camps, all he lacked was maybe a little confidence. He can take any defender in the country and score, now that he knows that, watch out.

I love this part:
If this translates to games (Barton) we're in business.
Come on November!

Our last two games, when it counted, he didn't manage to score more than 9 points in 30+ minutes of actions.

I'm sorry but you can't count Mercer as a meaningful game, it was apparent nobody wanted to spend their spring break in Utah.

More consistent? He went 5 straight games with 20+ games lol.

I agree. I thought consistency was something he struggled with as a sophomore, and I was on record as saying that being consistent was an area of improvement he needed to address going into last season, and he answered the bell.

He's not going to be "on" every night, but we didn't see those maddening stretches of 10 games in a row where he was just non-existent like we did before.

McRae may have upped his game at skills camps this summer.
Good read by Dortsch.

McRae confident as Vols begin preseason practice | Nooga.com

This needs to be the season for Coach Martin to shine as a coach. He needs to make the NCAA this season and not the NIT.

Barton, Edwards, Maymon, McRae & Stokes will all be gone after this season. So, this is his best shot for us to make a run in the S.E.C. and in the NCAA tourney.

If he can't get it done with this squad, then I don't know when he would be able to do it.

This needs to be the season for Coach Martin to shine as a coach. He needs to make the NCAA this season and not the NIT.

Barton, Edwards, Maymon, McRae & Stokes will all be gone after this season. So, this is his best shot for us to make a run in the S.E.C. and in the NCAA tourney.

If he can't get it done with this squad, then I don't know when he would be able to do it.
Add a little LUCK and the answer is how FAR.

Rudy are you going to post this in every thread lol? Everyone knows he will be gone if he doesn't make the tourney this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Rudy are you going to post this in every thread lol? Everyone knows he will be gone if he doesn't make the tourney this year.

I doubt he's gone if he flops this season because we can't really afford (financially speaking) to fire him unless a donor ponies up the money to buy him out. I think he was getting four years regardless.

I agree. I thought consistency was something he struggled with as a sophomore, and I was on record as saying that being consistent was an area of improvement he needed to address going into last season, and he answered the bell.

He's not going to be "on" every night, but we didn't see those maddening stretches of 10 games in a row where he was just non-existent like we did before.

iirc his sophmore year he was asked to run the pg spot at times. That was a huuuuge reason for his inconsistency on several occasions.

Also, Barton and Thompson will do a better job of getting McRae the ball in scoring opportunities than he has had since he has been here. IMO

Reactions: 1 person
McRae may become an even better player this year while scoring less. With Maymon back, and Hubbs there, there will be more scorers to spread around. If he's worked and improved other facets of his game, he may contribute even more to the TEAM than last year even if his scoring stats are lower. I know it's still football season, but I'm really looking forward to watching our BB team this year. There are players in place for a very special season if we don't have any major injuries to deal with.

Last edited:
I believe that was last year when he was running PG.

You sure? I thought by last year we had somewhat learned our lesson in that JMc was much more effective in the 2 or 3 spot, so we played Lopez in games Trae was ineffective, foul trouble, or pouty.

iirc his sophmore year he was asked to run the pg spot at times. That was a huuuuge reason for his inconsistency on several occasions.

Also, Barton and Thompson will do a better job of getting McRae the ball in scoring opportunities than he has had since he has been here. IMO
Hoping for lots of Barton to McRae ally oops (ala Prince).
I've had visions of such.

Hoping for lots of Barton to McRae ally oops (ala Prince).
I've had visions of such.

Man I hope so. We definitely have 2 big enough bodies to set back screens. J Rich and Hubbs can go get it pretty good too.

couldn't agree more with you.

VN Store

Back