Nice to start seeing some National BB predictions

johnnybravo

2013-14 College Basketball Preview: Conference predictions - CBSSports.com

Predictions of note:
Tennessee a solid 3
Surprised to see Ole Miss around a 6/7. I thought they would be a few slots lower than that
Wichita St 1st in MVC...no surprise
Iowa St solid 4 in Big 12
Kansas #1 in big 12, but not unanamous.
Xavier middle of the watered down Big East. Looks like a bubble team according to their predictions. 2 losses to UT could put them there.
VA a solid 5th in ACC
NCST as 11. Getting a few slots higher than most predicted.
Memphis will not win their conference.

2013-14 College Basketball Preview: Conference predictions - CBSSports.com

Predictions of note:
Tennessee a solid 3
Surprised to see Ole Miss around a 6/7. I thought they would be a few slots lower than that
Wichita St 1st in MVC...no surprise
Iowa St solid 4 in Big 12
Kansas #1 in big 12, but not unanamous.
Xavier middle of the watered down Big East. Looks like a bubble team according to their predictions. 2 losses to UT could put them there.
VA a solid 5th in ACC
NCST as 11. Getting a few slots higher than most predicted.
Memphis will not win their conference.

I'm really looking forward to basketball season this year. And to clarify, it's not because football is still down. :eek:k:

We gonna shock tha world. :)

Man I hope we beat UK at Rupp this year. I'm getting tired of hearing all these kitty cats running their mouth up here in Lexingon...even though we put a 30 pt beat down on them last year :)

Reactions: 1 person
Also lol @ all the people that put Florida above us. Do they still have Patrica Young?

Man I hope we beat UK at Rupp this year. I'm getting tired of hearing all these kitty cats running their mouth up here in Lexingon...even though we put a 30 pt beat down on them last year :)

I'm trying to go to the game in Lex. I want to beat them so bad

If you've lived in KY long, you know nothing will silence them. 30 point beatdowns aside.

I'm trying to go to the game in Lex. I want to beat them so bad

Went when Wall and Cousins was there... It's rough if you're wearing orange in there. Don't expect to be treated very nicely.

They have a nice team though

Yeah, Florida is going to be tough to beat this year. Not too many weaknesses. Just picked up a transfer guard from Rutgers to play immeidiately. Eli Carter. Good player to come off the bench for them that can shoot.

Went when Wall and Cousins was there... It's rough if you're wearing orange in there. Don't expect to be treated very nicely.

Was there for our last win in Rupp. NOBODY would let us out of the parking garage. They would get up on the car in front's bumper. We laughed and wore our orange proudly!

If you've lived in KY long, you know nothing will silence them. 30 point beatdowns aside.

It's been different for me this year after the beat down. I work with a ton of KY fans and they really have been rather quiet coming into this year vs. every other year that I can remember. Maybe they are just sitting back licking their chops waiting for the season to start. I do remember sitting in the stands during the beatdown with KY fans all around me and I never heard a peep out of them the whole game. It was great.

I'm really looking forward to basketball season this year. And to clarify, it's not because football is still down. :eek:k:

We gonna shock tha world. :)

With a full squad of healthy players, we will see what C. Martin can do this season as a coach.

In his first season, we lost to Austin Peay & College of Charleston. Last season, we lost to Memphis in Hawaii, which was winnable. Of course, we had injuries last season. Now season 3, with the team we have now, we should make it to the NCAA. Not the NIT.

If we don't make it to the NCAA, then I will know that C. Martin is not the coach for U.T.

With a full squad of healthy players, we will see what C. Martin can do this season as a coach.

In his first season, we lost to Austin Peay & College of Charleston. Last season, we lost to Memphis in Hawaii, which was winnable. Of course, we had injuries last season. Now season 3, with the team we have now, we should make it to the NCAA. Not the NIT.

If we don't make it to the NCAA, then I will know that C. Martin is not the coach for U.T.

We lost to Memphis in Maui CCM's first year.

Last edited:

I'll be there with friends that go to UK. Not too concerned really. I'll be wearing my orange proudly.

It's been different for me this year after the beat down. I work with a ton of KY fans and they really have been rather quiet coming into this year vs. every other year that I can remember. Maybe they are just sitting back licking their chops waiting for the season to start. I do remember sitting in the stands during the beatdown with KY fans all around me and I never heard a peep out of them the whole game. It was great.

If I were to guess, it is because your average KY fan couldn't name 5 players currently on their roster.

It has been my experience over the last four years that outside of the most hardcore KY followers, most of them don't know the players' names until the season starts, and it has progressively gotten worse each year removed from the previous regime. It is a product of the recruiting style Cal has used. KY fans can't identify with players like they could in the 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's. It almost has a hired mercenary feel to it.

If I were to guess, it is because your average KY fan couldn't name 5 players currently on their roster.

It has been my experience over the last four years that outside of the most hardcore KY followers, most of them don't know the players' names until the season starts, and it has progressively gotten worse each year removed from the previous regime. It is a product of the recruiting style Cal has used. KY fans can't identify with players like they could in the 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's. It almost has a hired mercenary feel to it.

I've stated before that it's hard for me to even remember that Tobias played here. He was here and gone before we knew it. I would like to get some of the best players in the country like KY does, but I wouldn't like a team full of them year in and year out.

I've stated before that it's hard for me to even remember that Tobias played here. He was here and gone before we knew it. I would like to get some of the best players in the country like KY does, but I wouldn't like a team full of them year in and year out.

Same here, but it will be nice that Tobais' and Looney's alma mater will be UT, even if it was just one year :)

Agree.

VN Store

Back