Ten most important NCAA basketball players returning from injury

if maymon can give tennessee half of the production he gave before he got hurt. tennessee will be in the big dance.

I agree, BTO...tourney with or without him. I hope the players and coaches understand the expectations with the talent on this team. We need to see more determination and enthusiasm every game, which has been lacking the last couple seasons. A sense of urgency and mental/physical toughness is what will determine how far we go, IMO.

Tennessee should be in the dance even if Maymon doesn't play a single game.

Except the fact NCAA committee hates 13 teams in the SEC. Anybody not named Kentucky. Im calling it now bump the committee. We win the SEC tourney and take it out of their hands. Well..... except we will probably get a garbage seed in a elite programs back yard.

Except the fact NCAA committee hates 13 teams in the SEC. Anybody not named Kentucky. Im calling it now bump the committee. We win the SEC tourney and take it out of their hands. Well..... except we will probably get a garbage seed in a elite programs back yard.

The SEC has sucked the past few yrs..... don't think we can blame that on the committee.

Reactions: 1 person
Would love to see maymon be able to play as well as he did two years ago. If he can be that productive for 25 minutes a game this season we are going to be really good.

I'm so pumped for the season this year. No more of our struggles from Trae, Skylar, Kenny or doubled-teamed Stokes. There's so many better factors that we have this year than last. Guaranteed top 15 all year long with no injuries (just my opinion, feel free to bash :popcorn:)

Call me selfish, but IMO we have a better team this year than with Maymon last year. Best thing for UT basketball and a gift for CCM.

Blessing in disguise. I'm sure Maymon would like a chance at a deep NCAA run. He didn't get to walk at graduation winning a lot of games should be the next best thing.

I'm so pumped for the season this year. No more of our struggles from Trae, Skylar, Kenny or doubled-teamed Stokes. There's so many better factors that we have this year than last. Guaranteed top 15 all year long with no injuries (just my opinion, feel free to bash :popcorn:)

I'm not bashing cause I agree

Would love to see maymon be able to play as well as he did two years ago. If he can be that productive for 25 minutes a game this season we are going to be really good.

Honestly if everything is clicking and the team is doing well. We may not need 25 minutes from Maymon. Which would be great in the long run.

Honestly if everything is clicking and the team is doing well. We may not need 25 minutes from Maymon. Which would be great in the long run.
Why you still doubting Maymon? He said he was '100%' about a month ago, plus we've got another month and a half till the season starts. I think we'll have normal Maymon by the time the season starts.

Why you still doubting Maymon? He said he was '100%' about a month ago, plus we've got another month and a half till the season starts. I think we'll have normal Maymon by the time the season starts.

No but I'd rather our team be playing great as a whole and not need him to play 25 mins night in and night out. I think he'll be just fine but late in the season if you can have your players rested for the tourney it helps. I think Maymon will be all the way back by mid season.

Weird that they didn't mention McRae as someone who can keep defenses from sagging into the paint.

Weird that they didn't mention McRae as someone who can keep defenses from sagging into the paint.

I was thinking the samething, o well I still think he should have won the sec poy. He stepped up big when we needed him and if J Rich didn't miss that dunk, he would have single handily brought that Memphis game back him self.

"If the new backcourt of freshman Robert Hubbs and Memphis transfer Antonio Barton can keep defenses from sagging into the paint, both UT big men can get back to All-SEC prominence and the Vols will reach their first NCAA tournament under head coach Cuonzo Martin."

Aren't they forgetting someone, of is the omission of Jordy a nod to him playing wing? I probably misread it.

"If the new backcourt of freshman Robert Hubbs and Memphis transfer Antonio Barton can keep defenses from sagging into the paint, both UT big men can get back to All-SEC prominence and the Vols will reach their first NCAA tournament under head coach Cuonzo Martin."

Aren't they forgetting someone, of is the omission of Jordy a nod to him playing wing? I probably misread it.

Yeah I think Jordy will be playing the 3 more than anything.

Was Barton a 5*? If so, that will make 3 5*s and 2 4*s in the starting lineup. For those keeping score at home, that is 23 *s. 4.6 per. Even Han Solo likes those odds.

VN Store

Back