19. Notre Dame
20. TENNESSEE
21. Creighton
22. Baylor
23. Colorado
24. Iowa
25. New Mexico

Reactions: 7 people
Wouldn't be suprised if KY has at least 3 losses by Jan. 1. No doubt their talented, but Anthony Davis' don't come around very often. I could see them losing to any or all:
Providence
Baylor
UNC
Louisville

Better not sleep on Transylvania either!

Hopefully this doesn't effect our mental attitude towards the game and thinking we can beat anyone because we have a rank in front of our name. Looking forward to a great year.

Hmm.....Virginia is ranked by that 2nd site, that's interesting. Be a good win for us if we beat them while they're ranked.

Also, I love that Ole' Miss isn't ranked.

Wouldn't be suprised if KY has at least 3 losses by Jan. 1. No doubt their talented, but Anthony Davis' don't come around very often. I could see them losing to any or all:
Providence
Baylor
UNC
Louisville

Better not sleep on Transylvania either!

I personally won't be surprised if they run the table, easily.. you thought the Anthony Davis MKG team was talented? You're in for a rude awakening.. and I hate that school..

Reactions: 1 person
I personally won't be surprised if they run the table, easily.. you thought the Anthony Davis MKG team was talented? You're in for a rude awakening.. and I hate that school..

I hear ya. But I thought the rest of that team just complimented those dudes. I don't question the talent. I question whether that talent translates to the big time D-1 right away.

I think the Harrison twins maybe a little overrated also. Its just one dudes opinion, so go easy on me. :hi:

Not surprised by the ranking for UT. Should be even better than that imo.

UT's ooc scheduling might hurt them in the long run if they don't do anything special in the SEC.

Not surprised by the ranking for UT. Should be even better than that imo.

UT's ooc scheduling might hurt them in the long run if they don't do anything special in the SEC.

Our OOC schedule isn't bad idk why people keep saying this. Other than the top 5 teams. Our schedule is on par with everyone in the top 25. UK's schedule is probably the only one tougher than ours in the SEC.

Our OOC schedule isn't bad idk why people keep saying this. Other than the top 5 teams. Our schedule is on par with everyone in the top 25. UK's schedule is probably the only one tougher than ours in the SEC.

Believe it or not, I think I read where Auburn has the highest RPI in the country. So their ooc might be better than ours too. Not to split hairs with you, just fyi.

Think another poster said we have the 3rd toughest ooc in the SEC. So you make a good point.

Believe it or not, I think I read where Auburn has the highest RPI in the country. So their ooc might be better than ours too. Not to split hairs with you, just fyi.

Think another poster said we have the 3rd toughest ooc in the SEC. So you make a good point.

Didn't see that but yeah we're probably top 4 in the SEC. We'll be fine once SEC play hits either way.

Edit: it's not Auburn. We're the third toughest in the SEC. Behind Florida and Kentucky who both probably will play a lot of top 25 teams.

Last edited:

People bashing our overall OOC schedule are clueless.

Not sure how there's an RPI already released???

Auburn plays 4 high major teams OOC: Clemson, BC, Iowa State and Illinois. I don't think any one of those teams is ranked preseason by blue ribbon.

This is from ESPN

AUBURN

Toughest: at Iowa State (Dec. 2)
Next toughest: Illinois (Dec. 8), Boston College (Dec. 22)
The rest: Nicholls State (Nov. 8), Northwestern State (Nov. 15), Jacksonville State (Nov. 19), Murray State (Nov. 23), Tennessee State (Nov. 26), Clemson (Dec. 19), Arkansas Pine-Bluff (Dec. 30), Florida A&M (Jan. 4)

Toughness scale (1-10): 3 -- Did a bunch of SEC teams get together and wager on who could assemble the ugliest nonconference schedule? Seems like it. Tony Barbee’s program certainly doesn’t have the worst nonconference slate in the league, but it’s still not great. It’ll be tough to get out of Ames with a win when the Tigers travel to Iowa State in early December and Illinois is rebuilding but John Groce’s team should be tough in his second season. The matchup against Boston College in December will be interesting. Maybe. Auburn is not expected to be a top-half team in the SEC. So perhaps this nonconference arrangement makes sense. To someone.

So yea, their OOC schedule in no way compares to ours.

Last edited:
People bashing our overall OOC schedule are clueless.

We just don't have a marquee home game. That's fine people can complain, but overall schedule is very competitive and can either push us higher in the rankings or show us we aren't what we thought we were.

Where's a current RPI? You mean how they're at the top of the list on ESPN? In recent news, price of tea went up in China.

That's a bit of a stretch...
Especially when Marshall Henderson gets to the plate.

We just don't have a marquee home game. That's fine people can complain, but overall schedule is very competitive and can either push us higher in the rankings or show us we aren't what we thought we were.

Yup. Our SOS should be very good.

VN Store

Back