2015 Rivals Top 150

bleedingTNorange

Slow day on the board, and with the 2014 class filling up, it's a good time to look ahead. Here's the link to the rivals top 150 of 2015, and I will list below the guys I know there is mutual interest with.

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking - Class of 2015 Rivals150

2. Stephen Zimmerman
7. Skal Labissiere
12. Jaylen Brown
18. Daniel Giddens
43. Noah Dickerson
57. Danjel Purifoy
139. Cameron Justice

Reactions: 1 person
Questions about athleticism and level of competition. Tennessee is clearly his best offer to this point. Not saying it won't happen, but they might want to wait a while. Seems similar to the other Travelers kid they looked at.

What other travelers have been ranked? I think he's far and away the best they've had, which is why he's been drawing interest from Louisville and gonzaga.

As for your evaluation, he's the polar opposite of this years class which may be a good contrast. This years guys are athletic but not much of scorers, Justice isn't all that athletic but is an absolutely phenomenal scorer/shooter.

IMO Tennessee has put in WAY too much time and effort to turn the kid away, they love Justice and are ready for him to commit.

What other travelers have been ranked? I think he's far and away the best they've had, which is why he's been drawing interest from Louisville and gonzaga.

As for your evaluation, he's the polar opposite of this years class which may be a good contrast. This years guys are athletic but not much of scorers, Justice isn't all that athletic but is an absolutely phenomenal scorer/shooter.

IMO Tennessee has put in WAY too much time and effort to turn the kid away, they love Justice and are ready for him to commit.
Who does Cameron Justice remind you of? I'm having a hard time thinking of a true scorer who isn't the most athletic.

Who does Cameron Justice remind you of? I'm having a hard time thinking of a true scorer who isn't the most athletic.

Lofton If you want to go from a true scorer standpoint and no I'm not saying he's Lofton but that's the mold Justice fits to me.

You are likely correct, but it may depend on how many scholarships they have going into the next recruiting season. If it's just a couple, they may have to be very selective.

You are likely correct, but it may depend on how many scholarships they have going into the next recruiting season. If it's just a couple, they may have to be very selective.

You asked about "today". I seriously doubt that they know the exact number of scholarships that will be available for the 2015-2016 season as of today. Therefore if Justice wanted to commit "today", I'm pretty confident they would take his commitment and worry about those numbers 2 years from now.

They have recruited this kid too hard to slow play him now. I think the staff really wants him. We really need some shooters on this team.

This is gonna sound racist as he!!, but when is the last time a white dude was rated the second best prospect in the country?

Serious question...

If you go by ESPN Kevin Love in 2007 and if you go by yahoo, Bj Mullins in 2008. Were both ranked number 1.

iirc Kanter for KY was rated top 3. I think #1 until final rating came out and Selby took over the top spot.

This is gonna sound racist as he!!, but when is the last time a white dude was rated the second best prospect in the country?

Serious question...

Lol Enes Kanter was 3rd in 2010 and B.j. Mullen was number 1 in 2008.

Is Zimmerman even a realistic possibility for us?

Kind of like Looney, his grandfather lives in Middle Tennessee and I think his Dad was born here. Might have a shot if Tennessee has a big season this year. If they get Looney and we have 3 guys drafted, that would help, too. :)

I think Looney is signing in the fall, so if we have a good year it won't really affect anything with him.

VN Store

Back