Vols Unveil 2013-14 Basketball Schedule

“@BFQuinn: Just spoke to Cuonzo Martin. "Coach, you don't have any Thursday-Saturday turnarounds." Martin: "Exactly." Looks like his campaigning worked”

Reactions: 1 person
Glad we don't have to play @ Georgia. We never play well there for some reason.

“@QuinnKNS: "I think if you put (UT's non-conference) schedule up against anyone in America, it’s one of the best, if not the best." - Cuonzo Martin”

Can't say I agree with that...

“@QuinnKNS: "I think if you put (UT's non-conference) schedule up against anyone in America, it’s one of the best, if not the best." - Cuonzo Martin”

Can't say I agree with that...

Who would you say has a tougher one? We play NC State, Xavier (possibly twice), at Wichita State, and Virginia comes to Knoxville this year? I don't know how good the lower tier teams are on the schedule, and depending how the holiday tourney goes it could be tough. Not saying there are teams who don't have a similar schedule that is just as hard, but as far as being tougher, I don't know. I haven't done my research as far as other schedules go so this honestly is a real question as to who would have a tougher schedule.

Depends on if we play all the way through the B4A tournament, which would most likely mean playing Kansas. But all those make a pretty respectable OOC schedule I think.

Depends on if we play all the way through the B4A tournament, which would most likely mean playing Kansas. But all those make a pretty respectable OOC schedule I think.

I agree with this adjective before I do toughest. If Xavier and Virginia bust this year respectable left the building too. IMO

NC State will be booty...

Who would you say has a tougher one? We play NC State, Xavier (possibly twice), at Wichita State, and Virginia comes to Knoxville this year? I don't know how good the lower tier teams are on the schedule, and depending how the holiday tourney goes it could be tough. Not saying there are teams who don't have a similar schedule that is just as hard, but as far as being tougher, I don't know. I haven't done my research as far as other schedules go so this honestly is a real question as to who would have a tougher schedule.

NC State
@ Xavier
@ Wichita State
Virginia
Possibly Kansas/Villanova

It's not a bad non-con (3 top 25 teams), but there a lot of teams out there with better.

I don't know everyone's schedule, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say in the SEC alone Florida and Kentucky both probably have a tougher OOC schedule than we do.

With that said, if we play through the B4A and play UTEP, Xavier and Kansas that would definitely put our OOC schedule right up there.

Right now Wichita State is the only preseason ranked team I've seen that is on our OOC schedule iirc, I'm guessing there's a host of other schools that are playing multiple ranked preseason teams on their OOC slate.

We do not play Kentucky in Knoxville this year. But we go to Rupp. Sounds about right for the SEC taking care of Kentucky.

That certainly isn't an easy OOC schedule. Ours is the hardest ive seen in a long time though. Still can't believe UT and UK won't be playing each other twice anymore.
Michigan St in Chicago
@UNC
Baylor at cowboys stadium
Louisville
and ROBERT MORRIS

“@BFQuinn: Just spoke to Cuonzo Martin. "Coach, you don't have any Thursday-Saturday turnarounds." Martin: "Exactly." Looks like his campaigning worked”

We might've dodged the Thu-Sat tilt, but we have to go to Ky and play Fla twice. Our SEC schedule is not easy. I didn't mind adding A & M and Mizzou to the football slate. Their inclusion on the hoops side did away with the divisions and I don't like that. I think the SEC basketball schedule sucks balls. I'd rather play Ky twice every year (even though we would lose more than we'll win). The round robin schedule they have set up now calls for a lot of uneven schedules.

We might've dodged the Thu-Sat tilt, but we have to go to Ky and play Fla twice. Our SEC schedule is not easy. I didn't mind adding A & M and Mizzou to the football slate. Their inclusion on the hoops side did away with the divisions and I don't like that. I think the SEC basketball schedule sucks balls. I'd rather play Ky twice every year (even though we would lose more than we'll win). The round robin schedule they have set up now calls for a lot of uneven schedules.

The divisions disappeared when Pearl came in 3rd in the East, but the record would have won the West. The coaches then voted on it. Had nothing to do with the new teams. But I agree with the rest of your post.

The divisions disappeared when Pearl came in 3rd in the East, but the record would have won the West. The coaches then voted on it. Had nothing to do with the new teams. But I agree with the rest of your post.

Oh, I know that the coaches voted on it. The East was dominant for a number of years and teams like UT wasn't getting a bye in the SEC tourney when teams in the West were going 8-8 and getting a #1 and #2 seed and a bye. Even though the coaches voted on it, I meant to say that it probably would've gone that way anyway with the expansion to 14 teams because it would be tough to do a double round robin for the division and then play the other 7 teams from the other division too. And it won't be long before the SEC adds two more teams to make it even muddier.

“@CuonzoMartin: We'll play two home exhibition games this year. Florida Southern (11-2-13) and Southern Indiana (11-7-13). See you there.”

“@CuonzoMartin: We'll play two home exhibition games this year. Florida Southern (11-2-13) and Southern Indiana (11-7-13). See you there.”

I know Southern Indiana is a tough D2 team. Should be some good warm up games leading into the season.

UT will play Florida Southern College on Saturday, Nov. 2, and face the University of Southern Indiana at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 7.

Game time for the Florida Southern game is to be determined. Kickoff time of UT football at Missouri will determine the time.

From GVX.

Games will be streamed on utsports.

@Vol_Hoops: Our season-opener at Xavier will be a 9 pm ET tipoff on Fox Sports 1.

^^^ Was this a 7pm tip originally?

Reactions: 1 person
@steventerrycook: Per @Ben_Fred, the Vol basketball team's Nov. 2 exhibition opener vs. Florida Southern will tip off at 1 p.m.

VN Store

Back