2014 Tennessee Guard Ladarrius Chester

I'm happy with Larry Austin personally.

Wouldn't mind having a 5th guard in case of emergency for 2014-2015. Chester is listed as a two guard, but after watching a little film and reading about him he can play point too.

Wouldn't mind having a 5th guard in case of emergency for 2014-2015. Chester is listed as a two guard, but after watching a little film and reading about him he can play point too.

Yes very true. I like that we now have choices on who we can take.

Yes very true. I like that we now have choices on who we can take.

That's the biggest difference with this years class. We got early commits from some very solid players. It's just like what's going on in football, those players help recruit others and also allows coaches to be more selective. Recipe for a great class we are seeing play out.

Melrose HS in Memphis has produced some great talent. Hope this kid works on his grades, but I still think getting kids out of Memphis is a roll of the dice with snake eyes usually being what we roll.

Apparently the Vols are looking on him. He's got a lot of talent, but grades have scared teams away. He's had a really good summer.

If UT doesn't have someone on staff who can doctor his grades, surely Calipari will.

Agree SJ, but guard play is crucial. If this kids grades come together then CCM may take him if he can avoid being persuaded my Pastner.

Oh no I agree on that standpoint. If taking him is possible I'm for it.

Wondering if Ladarrius Chester is a guy we try to place in a prep school to help him get his grades in line? Then join the team in 2015?

Are we missing something?

Maybe I am. You guys are recruiting Chester? Doesn't seem like he's anywhere near a mid-major talent, let alone high-major.

He's unranked, no stars on rivals, and scored 4.7 points per game last season for Melrose. I know the kid can dunk, but c'mon. Are we talking about the same player?

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe I am. You guys are recruiting Chester? Doesn't seem like he's anywhere near a mid-major talent, let alone high-major.

He's unranked, no stars on rivals, and scored 4.7 points per game last season for Melrose. I know the kid can dunk, but c'mon. Are we talking about the same player?

I don't know much about him, I just know Tennessee along with other high majors has shown recent interest. He apparently was one of the best players at the Big Strick Classic in NY that features multiple 5* players along with other highly ranked recruits.

Rob Lewis said the reason he is unranked is because of grades, and that that is also the same reason why he doesn't have more offers.

If he did indeed only average 4.7ppg last year though that definitely is a bit alarming. He doesn't hold a Tennessee offer, is just someone the staff is supposedly keeping tabs on.

I don't know much about him, I just know Tennessee along with other high majors has shown recent interest. He apparently was one of the best players at the Big Strick Classic in NY that features multiple 5* players along with other highly ranked recruits.

Rob Lewis said the reason he is unranked is because of grades, and that that is also the same reason why he doesn't have more offers.

If he did indeed only average 4.7ppg last year though that definitely is a bit alarming. He doesn't hold a Tennessee offer, is just someone the staff is supposedly keeping tabs on.

I don't think he holds any offers.

Or possibly his average of 4.7 points a game. Any chance they misplaced a decimal and he averaged 47 points a game?

Well Landry averaged 2.1 iirc and had D1 offers :)

All seriousness, he's obviously a bit of an unknown. Rob Lewis spoke pretty highly of his skill level, and seemed to think the only negative to Chester were his grades.

I don't remember where it was, but there was an article about his performance at the Big Strick Classic...I believe there was a video that went along with it.

This is the only problem I have with CM. Why waste your time with a no star prospect, with grade issues?

This is the only problem I have with CM. Why waste your time with a no star prospect, with grade issues?

Lmao you're joking right?

The kid doesn't even have an offer, what's your beef?

If Chester were to blow up this season, and then we decide to show interest, and he says...well Tennessee wasn't showing any interest til recently. You'd have a bunch of people saying, well this kids in Tennessee, why isn't Martin evaluating the Tennessee kids?

Show slight interest in a Tennessee kid, and Martin gets criticized for it...some people you just can't please.

VN Store

Back