Another 2014 offer - Kyle Kuzma

This is a guy that has been on the rise steadily over the past summer. May be a move to put a little pep into the step of Makinde London, or possibly a backup to he and Looney.

Martin has done 2 things with this staff, shown he isn't waiting around on anyone (except 1 or 2 possibly), and 2. Not put all his eggs in any one basket, and has left himself very good fall back options.

"He is an extremely skilled face-up 4 that causes matchup problems for most teams. He can score in all facets of the game with the ability to post up smaller forwards and take bigger, slower power forwards away from the basket. Kuzma is a very good stand still jump and can make a 3-pointer pretty regularly. Kuzma also has the ability to get a defensive rebound and lead the break which is very uncommon for most post players. He will need to continue to get stronger and grow into his body. He also will need to show a toughness to his game, which has not shown consistently at this time. Overall, Kuzma is going to have lots of different leagues and levels looking at him because of his diverse skill set and the fact that he came to the Philadelphia area from Flint, Mi."

Reactions: 1 person
I knew the name Kuzma rang a bell, then it dawned on me that it was Nora Louise Kuzma (aka Traci Lords) I was remembering. Wonder if they're related.

His highlights are nice nothing really stands out to me though. Seems like he would be more of a project than London. The coaches obviously see something so I'm not going to question.

His highlights are nice nothing really stands out to me though. Seems like he would be more of a project than London. The coaches obviously see something so I'm not going to question.

He supposedly is more polished offensively than London and more physicaly ready to contribute. I will say his offer list is definitely more impressive than London's for whatever that's worth, IMO the staff would be happy with either.

He supposedly is more polished offensively than London and more physicaly ready to contribute. I will say his offer list is definitely more impressive than London's for whatever that's worth, IMO the staff would be happy with either.

Then that's fine. Probably need to watch more video. His shot looks good tho.

So room for one more PF?

Yup. London or Black.

Then I think UT will wait till April (think Thompson/Moore situations) till somebody leaves and takes the best player available who wants to come to UT.

Something that may be appealing to the staff with Kuzma is he is actually in a post grad year, he is already 18. He will be 19 before his freshman season starts, and you have to think that's appealing to the staff considering the need for immediate playing time on next years team. He will be physically ready to contribute it would seem, and his game will probably be a bit more mature than a typical freshman.

Kyle's offer list has bulged to Arizona State, Connecticut, Florida State, Memphis, Minnesota, Missouri, Penn State, Seton Hall, Texas A&M, UAB, and Utah. Most of the schools continue to show strong interest.

Not an offer list of a 3*

VN Store

Back