Memphis Recruits

johnnybravo

Just curious...Has CCM lost a recruit to Memphis that is not from Memphis?

CCM beat out Memphis for Hubbs and now Austin. I can't recall any recruits Pastner has signed that CCM was also recruiting outside of the Memphis city limits.

CCM beat out Memphis for Hubbs and now Austin. I can't recall any recruits Pastner has signed that CCM was also recruiting outside of the Memphis city limits.

None

You fools just don't get it. Y'all act like pastner went after all of those players hard. And I'm not just saying that bc I'm a memphis fan. I will be the first to admit, pastner has it easier than most bc he can just stay in the city to recruit. But when you have that privelage, then why not take advantage of it. Most recruits that pastner goes after that don't live in memphis, he does not persue as hard as the kids in memphis. Meaning that of he loses out on a kid not from memphis, then no big deal. You can go get someone from the city of memphis easy. Those players you listed were persued heavy by Cuonzo, and they were not persued heavy by pastner. Y'all act like the players that y'all sign that memphis also has offered we're our "end all" recruits. Heck no, they were hardly even talked about on the memphis boards and were not serious recruits. With Hubbs being the semi exception

You fools just don't get it. Y'all act like pastner went after all of those players hard. And I'm not just saying that bc I'm a memphis fan. I will be the first to admit, pastner has it easier than most bc he can just stay in the city to recruit. But when you have that privelage, then why not take advantage of it. Most recruits that pastner goes after that don't live in memphis, he does not persue as hard as the kids in memphis. Meaning that of he loses out on a kid not from memphis, then no big deal. You can go get someone from the city of memphis easy. Those players you listed were persued heavy by Cuonzo, and they were not persued heavy by pastner. Y'all act like the players that y'all sign that memphis also has offered we're our "end all" recruits. Heck no, they were hardly even talked about on the memphis boards and were not serious recruits. With Hubbs being the semi exception

It's always nice when opposing fans validate their stereotypes on our boards. Lack of reading comprehension and sheer stupidity are the ones synonymous with Memphis -- just in case you weren't aware.

Reactions: 7 people
Are you mentally challenged? Sorry for the digs if so.
I understand.

Reactions: 1 person

Dude we get it. But as good of a "Memphis City" recruiter or any recruiter he is, he gets less with more than any coach in America!! So I wouldn't be touting Pastner for anything right now. He needs to beat some Top 25 Teams on the court but yes we will give him his mythical recruiting Memphis championships. But dude he needs to beat a ranked team on the court!!!! We want you to get that part!!

So Pastner gets who he wants from Memphis...must've hurt missing on top 50 player Chris Chiozza. Probably gonna hurt when you miss on top 30 player Leron Black too huh?

I guess this means CCM is a better recruiter than Pastner,,,,,,,,,, :)

Last edited:
So Pastner gets who he wants from Memphis...must've hurt missing on top 50 player Chris Chiozza. Probably gonna hurt when you miss on top 30 player Leron Black too huh?

Chiozza was no big deal. I'd rather have Powell. And for Leron, I've never seen him ending up here. I see him at Florida. I personally don't want him. He's a natural ball hog. And we don't need two of those with him and Iverson

Chiozza was no big deal. I'd rather have Powell. And for Leron, I've never seen him ending up here. I see him at Florida. I personally don't want him. He's a natural ball hog. And we don't need two of those with him and Iverson

This dude has more excuses than anyone I've ever heard before

I guess this means CCM is a better recruiter than Pastner,,,,,,,,,, :)

He could be a better recruiter no doubt about that. Pastner has a built in recruiting advantage in the hotbed of Memphis. Take him out of Memphis to somewhere else in another conference and certainly Martin could be considered a better recruiter. Add to that Pastner's development of top flight talent is mediocre if not bad. Yes Martin could be considered a better recruiter sure!!! :good!:

Um I guess you choose to ignore the fact Pastner wants to end the UT series? Why you ask? Because he is scared of CM recruiting Memphis! Game Set Match

Reactions: 2 people
lol

Chiozza is way better than Pookie.

As for Black... I definitely wouldn't count Memphis out. Not feeling too comfortable on that one.

pastner did not semi want hubbs he wanted hubbs

I would think coach could beat out there ballboy for a recruit.:)

VN Store

Back