'14 KY PF/C Ray Kasongo (UT commit 4/28/15)

bleedingTNorange

Tennessee extended a scholarship offer recently after a strong showing on the AAU circuit in July.

At 6'9" 235lbs and a good leaping ability he definitely could be viewed as a center IMO.

He's a guy on the rise and earning new offers daily, will likely end up being ranked in the top 100 if I had to guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQFaKo4T-l4&sns=em

Last edited:
Him and Hurt with Cofer would be a GREAT post class.

Love this guys game. Very aggresive and bouncy, I'll update the film thread tonight.

He was in the 150 for a while.
May get more exposure in WI.
A lot of upside in this kid.

A Cofer type on D, with a college ready body and an offensive threat down low.

Last edited:
Would describe this kid in one word, STRONG. He also gets off the floor really well for a guy his size. Not sure who is currently ranked higher, but just off video, I like his game a little better than Turman. But we might be getting in a little late for Kasongo... IMO

Would describe this kid in one word, STRONG. He also gets off the floor really well for a guy his size. Not sure who is currently ranked higher, but just off video, I like his game a little better than Turman. But we might be getting in a little late for Kasongo... IMO

Agree as far as the comparison to Turman.

As for the timing...Kasongo has been saying he wasn't getting exposure. He's added a ton of offers in July, and is looking to add more which promoted his move to WI. That tells me he's likely still pretty open and looking to see who gets involved.

Jmo but I think if we were to make him a priority we would have a decent chance.

Now I really want him. Okafor is the potential #1 pick for his class.

A Mitchell, London, Cornish, Cofer, Hurt, Kasongo class would be ****ing fantastic.

A Mitchell, London, Cornish, Cofer, Hurt, Kasongo class would be ****ing fantastic.

PG- Thompson/Mitchell
SG- Hubbs/Moore
SF- Richardson/Cornish/Q
PF- Cofer/London
C- Hurt/Kasongo/Pops

Pretty solid rotation right there.

PG- Thompson/Mitchell
SG- Hubbs/Moore
SF- Richardson/Cornish/Q
PF- Cofer/London
C- Hurt/Kasongo/Pops

Pretty solid rotation right there.

Top 25 talent right there. I would like to see your Hurt and raise you a Looney though. :)

Would probably be best case scenario realistic class. I would take London/Kasongo combo over just Looney IMO.

Though I like Turman, I see his hands as questionable.
Not a problem with Kasongo.
He's glue under the bucket and can turn and score off the tip with regularity or find the open man.
This kid's stock is going to soar.

Though I like Turman, I see his hands as questionable.
Not a problem with Kasongo.
He's glue under the bucket and can turn and score off the tip with regularity or find the open man.
This kid's stock is going to soar.

Unless it was just lack of competition, I can't understand why he isn't ranked higher right now.

Loved that look ahead after the rebound. Thats not always easy to get a big man to look up the floor after he rebound it.

Would probably be best case scenario realistic class. I would take London/Kasongo combo over just Looney IMO.

Do we get Hurt with that class? I'll take Looney. Looney is a difference maker. Dude is a NBA lottery pick.

Unless it was just lack of competition, I can't understand why he isn't ranked higher right now.

Loved that look ahead after the rebound. Thats not always easy to get a big man to look up the floor after he rebound it.

I suspect competition is a big part of it. Kasongo played Class A ball in KY. Look at this video and you'll see he's playing against kids 6 inches shorter and 50-60 pounds lighter.

Ray Kasongo Highlights in 15th Region All A Championship Game - YouTube

VN Store

Back