possible POY candidates

Can't wait. I'm excited for football, but let's be honest, the only men's team that is going to do something any time soon is the basketball team.

I think Jordan has an outside shot to win it, depending on the team's success.

Team success and him leading the team will help. I think Jarnell will get some pub too. Maymon (if 100%) will take a load off of him and allow him to get a lot easier buckets.

Also teams won't be able to double team. You double team and we have Mcrae Barton Thompson and Hubbs waiting to shoot. We actually have more than two shooters this year!!! That will help Mcrae too.

Also teams won't be able to double team. You double team and we have Mcrae Barton Thompson and Hubbs waiting to shoot. We actually have more than two shooters this year!!! That will help Mcrae too.

We had 2 shooters last year?!

I just don't see anyone having the numbers to win that award for us. The scoring will be balanced, and I don't see anyone averaging more than 15ppg. I think jordan will lead us in scoring, but not by a huge margin, I think McRae along with stokes and Maymon will all average double digit points.

Just a quick guess on Ppg...

McRae 14
Stokes 12
Maymon 10
Richardson 9
Hubbs 8
Barton 6
Moore 5
Thompson 4
Davis 3

Reactions: 1 person
I just don't see anyone having the numbers to win that award for us. The scoring will be balanced, and I don't see anyone averaging more than 15ppg. I think jordan will lead us in scoring, but not by a huge margin, I think McRae along with stokes and Maymon will all average double digit points.

McRae 14
Stokes 12
Maymon 10
Richardson 9
Hubbs 8
Barton 6
Moore 5
Thompson 4
Davis 3

Gotta tell ya though, with our defense, I would gladly give up that award to average 70-75 per. lol That would lead to W's baby!

Gotta tell ya though, with our defense, I would gladly give up that award to average 70-75 per. lol That would lead to W's baby!

Definitely. Martin's last 2 seasons at Missouri State were 70ppg team. If we can get to that mark this year that would be a big positive IMO and likely push us towards the 25 win mark regular season.

McRae 14
Stokes 12
Maymon 10
Richardson 9
Hubbs 8
Barton 6
Moore 5
Thompson 4
Davis 3

I think this is fairly accurate though i see hubbs or barton having more than richardson

I think Barton will score more than you're giving him credit for.

He scored 6 ppg (5.7 technically) while only playing 16.7 mpg for us last season, and that's in a backcourt of Jackson, Johnson and Crawford.

He could play double those minutes for UTK and he will most likely be your best 3 pt shooter the minute he walks on campus.

He scored 6 ppg (5.7 technically) while only playing 16.7 mpg for us last season, and that's in a backcourt of Jackson, Johnson and Crawford.

He could play double those minutes for UTK and he will most likely be your best 3 pt shooter the minute he walks on campus.

I just entered the Twilight Zone....

I agree...

Very true, and valid points. Admittingly I didn't watch much of Memphis last year or previous years, but from what I've heard when he would play he was looking to score the ball. Going into this season with Tennessee he'll be asked to be more of a failitator than he probably ever was asked to be at Memphis.

Very true, and valid points. Admittingly I didn't watch much of Memphis last year or previous years, but from what I've heard when he would play he was looking to score the ball. Going into this season with Tennessee he'll be asked to be more of a failitator than he probably ever was asked to be at Memphis.

Barton is a scorer. If you guys are bringing him in expecting him to defer to other players, you're doing him a disservice. I think he'll be the best scorer on the team behind Mcrae. Stokes may score more points per game because of offensive rebounds and because Cuonzo runs plays for him, but Antonio will score.

Barton is a scorer. If you guys are bringing him in expecting him to defer to other players, you're doing him a disservice. I think he'll be the best scorer on the team behind Mcrae. Stokes may score more points per game because of offensive rebounds and because Cuonzo runs plays for him, but Antonio will score.

Well maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Martin wants Barton coming down and jacking up shots without a single pass. He will allow him to look to score as that was one of the few things he liked about Trae...but with McRae Maymon and Stokes all on the floor I don't think they're gonna be at their best allowing Barton to jack up 15 shots a game.

Jmo

Really?

Hopefully Barton takes on the pg role and does what he is needed to from game to game. Other than McRae, we don't have many pure scorers. So, I could see Barton's shot attempts ranging between 7-15.

As long as he checks his man, he can shoot it 20X a game as far as I'm concerned.

Well maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Martin wants Barton coming down and jacking up shots without a single pass. He will allow him to look to score as that was one of the few things he liked about Trae...but with McRae Maymon and Stokes all on the floor I don't think they're gonna be at their best allowing Barton to jack up 15 shots a game.

Jmo

You may be right, so we'll see where Martin's priorities lie. I see it this way: McBee garnered 25 minutes a game and nearly 160 3 point attempts last year for Martin by simple virtue of being able to hit a three point shot.

Barton is better at everything than McBee, and may take the majority of UTK's three point shots.

There's really know right or wrong answer here, we're just prognosticating.

VN Store

Back