Barton Updates?

All Vol!

I do apologize if this is going on in another thread, was wondering if anyone has seen any updates on when Barton is joining the team? I haven't been able to find anything definite online but haven't checked in a few days.

Mods, please delete the duplicate thread.

Thanks guys!
:rock:

I expect him to struggle offensively during his first few practices. He will have to earn his way into the starting rotation if that's where he wants to be.

I expect him to struggle offensively during his first few practices. He will have to earn his way into the starting rotation if that's where he wants to be.

He'll be the most experienced PG we have. He'll be fine.

Who's in his way? a true freshman combo guard?

Yeah my statement kind of sounds stupid because he is more experienced than anyone we have. I just don't want any player to ever receive a free hand out to be a starter just because it is a position of need. He'll have to earn it imo and I think he will.

Yeah my statement kind of sounds stupid because he is more experienced than anyone we have. I just don't want any player to ever receive a free hand out to be a starter just because it is a position of need. He'll have to earn it imo and I think he will.

I think he will have to practice hard and work like the rest but I do not believe you bring this kid in for his last year to come off the bench. If you remember the reason he chose us is because of the mass amount of playing time he would be getting. Otherwise he would have went to Maryland and been close to his daughter. IMO he will be your starter the whole season unless sometbing changes

Hmmm...pretty sure CCM started Stokes coming right out of high school after one game and a couple practices.

Unless Barton gets hurt, he'll be the starter from day 1. Thompson will get his minutes backing him up and maybe even some at the 2?

Unless Barton gets hurt, he'll be the starter from day 1. Thompson will get his minutes backing him up and maybe even some at the 2?

With our system, just about the only difference between PG and SG is that the PG will bring the ball up the court. But yeah, I would expect Thompson to be the first off the bench when Barton gets pulled.

I think he will have to practice hard and work like the rest but I do not believe you bring this kid in for his last year to come off the bench. If you remember the reason he chose us is because of the mass amount of playing time he would be getting. Otherwise he would have went to Maryland and been close to his daughter. IMO he will be your starter the whole season unless sometbing changes

I'm probably not fully considering the fact that UT didn't have much, if any, experience at point once Golden left. It would have been interesting had Barton not transferred here.

I'm probably not fully considering the fact that UT didn't have much, if any, experience at point once Golden left. It would have been interesting had Barton not transferred here.

Lets just say without a true pg it does not work out to well

We didn't have a true PG last year, we didnt have a true PG the year before that, and we won't have one next year either.

I think that Barton is the closest thing we have had in awhile. And if we have had a true pg I think that we would had alot better record.

I think that Barton is the closest thing we have had in awhile. And if we have had a true pg I think that we would had alot better record.

Barton is about as much a true PG as golden. Compare their assists if that's the go to stat for a "true" pg. I do think Barton's skillet is more beneficial for this team than Golden's, but that doesn't mean he's anymore of a true PG than golden was.

Reactions: 1 person
Barton is about as much a true PG as golden. Compare their assists if that's the go to stat for a "true" pg. I do think Barton's skillet is more beneficial for this team than Golden's, but that doesn't mean he's anymore of a true PG than golden was.

Every player needs to bring their best skillet to the stove.

VN Store

Back