Top 25 Incoming Freshman

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
23. Robert Hubbs, Tennessee

Athleticism: A

Robert Hubbs has the length (6’5”) and leaping ability to be a top-notch finisher, and he’s got great toughness for a wing player.

Skill: C+

His jump shot is moving in the right direction but still needs a good deal of work.

Opportunity: B-

Jordan McRae will be the main man for the Vols, but Hubbs should be able to pick up some of the backcourt minutes created by Trae Golden’s transfer.

I know, it's Bleacher Report

Power Ranking the Top 25 Incoming College Basketball Freshmen | Bleacher Report

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with their report, may give A+ for athleticism but jmo. As for opportunity, I suppose they're looking at opportunity to be the guy, but IMO his opportunity is a very good one.

Actually a pretty solid assessment. When he's on with his jump shot he's on. He just needs to be consistent. Hubbs ceiling is high. I think higher than Hopson when he came to UT and it helps he doesn't have to come in and take a lot of shots.

13. Austin Nichols, Memphis

Athleticism: B-

Austin Nichols will need to carry a lot more than 205 pounds on his 6’9” body to compete in the AAC, especially in the absence of extraordinary mobility.

Skill: A+

Not only does he have plenty of scoring moves, but he’s a first-rate passer out of the post.

Opportunity: A-

Tarik Black’s transfer opens up minutes for the youngster, but there aren’t a lot of shots to go around in a deep Tigers lineup.

Best freshman in the state.

Reactions: 1 person

Austin Nichols will need to carry a lot more than 205 pounds on his 6’9” body to compete in the AAC, especially in the absence of extraordinary mobility.

Not only does he have plenty of scoring moves, but he’s a first-rate passer out of the post.

Tarik Black’s transfer opens up minutes for the youngster, but there aren’t a lot of shots to go around in a deep Tigers lineup.

Worst troll on the site.

Reactions: 8 people
Not according to the most unbiased recruiting rankings out there he's not...that honor belongs to the one and only Robert Hubbs.

Hubbs is too passive to be a top incoming freshman imo, he should have a great sophmore campaign.

Last edited:

You just can't help yourself.

Luckily for him he won't be asked to do much as a freshman and will likely be a 6th man.

You may be right. He may earn a start at times (injuries, etc) but with Shaq's development (dropped 25-30 lbs and is much more mobile) and Pellom showing promise, Nichols will most likely be the first big man off the bench this year. That said, there will be a lot of PT if they play faster this year as promised.

I wish we were playing this year. Should be a great mactch up.

You may be right. He may earn a start at times (injuries, etc) but with Shaq's development (dropped 25-30 lbs and is much more mobile) and Pellom showing promise, Nichols will most likely be the first big man off the bench this year. That said, there will be a lot of PT if they play faster this year as promised.

I agree. Maybe well meet In the dance!

Yeah, it will definitely be a game that the tourney match makers would want to see. I would not be the least bit surprised to see Memphis and UT in the same region. Probably a sweet 16 match up.

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:Austin:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

You wouldn't be laughing if he were wearing orange. He was the best thing around until that day of the announcement.

I've seen him practice and he's not playing like a freshman. He will get a lot of PT this year. It's too bad he and Hubbs couldn't have stayed together at one school or the other.l

VN Store

Back