2014 Illinois PG Larry Austin (Tennessee Commit 8/1)

SlyStone

Everybody is a Star!
Larry Austin's name has appeared on the radar. Just wondering if he is serious about UT or if he has made a visit. Coach Kent is actively involved in his recruitment. Anyone else know where we stand with him?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think their would be legit interest since they have extended him an offer and from what I can tell it is a commitable offer.

I would think their would be legit interest since they have extended him an offer and from what I can tell it is a commitable offer.

It's definitely commitable. The question is, sometimes staffs basically just offer because a guy is good even though there's no real shot or you maybe haven't been recruiting him. I'm sure wiggins held a Tennessee offer, but was there actual legit interest? We adds Abu not long ago, but we haven't been in much contact since. Sometimes staffs just send out what seem like almost obligatory offers knowing there's no shot with a guy.

It's definitely commitable. The question is, sometimes staffs basically just offer because a guy is good even though there's no real shot or you maybe haven't been recruiting him. I'm sure wiggins held a Tennessee offer, but was there actual legit interest? We adds Abu not long ago, but we haven't been in much contact since. Sometimes staffs just send out what seem like almost obligatory offers knowing there's no shot with a guy.

I agree totally with the statement. I just think that their is possibly legit interest in this one though. JMO though

Ditto

I might even pass on Devoe(from what I've seen/if it came down to him) and hope for a nice land next year. Probably moot tho, cause I think we miss on Jackson, Austin, and Michell but land McCormick. JMO

Ditto

I might even pass on Devoe(from what I've seen/if it came down to him) and hope for a nice land next year. Probably moot tho, cause I think we miss on Jackson, Austin, and Michell but land McCormick. JMO

I'm not sure we could afford to go into next year with Thompson as the only guy capable of playing PG.

I'm not sure we could afford to go into next year with Thompson as the only guy capable of playing PG.

I think McCormick will play the 1 and the 2. That would at least give DT a breather. Looking forward to DT's time here. And hope he plays he plays well enough this year, to demand playing the bulk of the minutes next year.

I think McCormick will play the 1 and the 2. That would at least give DT a breather. Looking forward to DT's time here. And hope he plays he plays well enough this year, to demand playing the bulk of the minutes next year.

I thought your post was saying if we missed on all those guys you'd still pass on Devoe, which is why I said that, my bad. If you're assuming we get McCormick then I agree, you wouldn't take Devoe and Mcormick.

Fwiw Devoe has pulled some solid offers lately, Clemson, Xavier and Virginia Tech have all offered.

I thought your post was saying if we missed on all those guys you'd still pass on Devoe, which is why I said that, my bad. If you're assuming we get McCormick then I agree, you wouldn't take Devoe and Mcormick.

Fwiw Devoe has pulled some solid offers lately, Clemson, Xavier and Virginia Tech have all offered.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

Man that would kinda suk if KSU got Mitchell and Austin. I can stomach losing guys to a lot of schools, but KSU(Elite program or not :)) isn't one of them.

There is legit interest here on both ends, will be watching how things progress over the next couple weeks with Austin.

related to Don ?

“@TheRecruitScoop: 2014 St. Louis Eagles (MO) PG Larry Austin will make his college decision on Thursday.”

1. Has he ever been on campus?
2. Who are thought to be the favorites?
3. Are we a serious contender?

1. Has he ever been on campus?
2. Who are thought to be the favorites?
3. Are we a serious contender?

1. No, but I also don't think he visited K State.
2. Check the crystal ball, he hasn't narrowed his list which makes this interesting.*
3. Yes

* on the crystal ball, I don't put too much into them, except if/when picks start changing/coming in 2 hours before an announcement. With that said, when Austin announced he was committing today at 4, a 247 guy picked UT tifwiw

If Austin picks us will the staff still take Mitchell with the hopes that Thompson could play some 2 guard down the road? That wold give us 2 point guards to have for the future plus a 2 guard with good handles and vision.

VN Store

Back