Battle 4 Atlantis info

bleedingTNorange

Well first off just a little self gloating, I just booked my trip to the Battle 4 Atlantis. Can't even begin to tell you how pumped I am :) I had been going back and forth as I'm gonna be there in December as well, but I've been trying to find a good father/son trip to take my dad on and decided this was it. I'm trying to figure out the best way to surprise him as he will be shocked, but anyways, enough about me...

I wanted to share some info on the trip that I found in my research so that anyone considering going may decide to. First off, don't book through the utsports website, I'm not sure why but its more expensive that way. Call Atlantis directly, they'll know exactly what even you're talking about, and have all the info. There is a 4 night minimum so most are coming in the 27th as games are the 28th-30th.

Now...I didn't have the guts to try this, but in my research I found it is a possibility. There are other hotels on the island, that are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than Atlantis obviously. When I asked I was told only Atlantis guests would be able to purchase tickets, however in some digging I found people who said in past years this wasnt actually the case. They said there's a ticket booth set up and tickets will be sold for all the games until its sold out, I also found royal Caribbean offering it as an excursion last year, so definitely seems plausible. The reason I mention this is because if true, you would save alot of money by staying at an area hotel instead of Atlantis, I just didn't have the grapes to try it.

Ticket packages whether through utsports or Atlantis do not include airfare, so keep that in mind as that's a pretty big cost to account for. If you do stay at Atlantis you will get access to the waterpark and all other Atlantis feautures for free, so there's a plus there.

Something else I did alot of researching on was food. Atlantis offers a food plan which the basic one is just a lunch and dinner buffet and would run almost $200/day per person which I thought was outrageous. For one I don't like buffets as I don't want to stuff myself every single meal while there. Upon digging there's many restaurants or cafeterias within walking distance, a dunkin donuts and Starbucks for possible breakfast. A Johnny rockets is close by, señor frogs, and a whole bunch of other local restaurants including a few pizza places who do deliver. So that's the route I have chosen to go, eat out, get some groceries from nearby stores and do it that way instead of meal plans and buffets.

Just wanted to share some information on the trip as its actually much more affordable than I originally thought and am hoping Tennessee has a decent showing from our fanbase. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, as I said, I would love to see a good showing of Tennessee fans in Atlantis.

What are you figuring for the whole trip, if you don't mind sharing?

Also, am I the only one irritated by the name of the tournament? Battle "4" Atlantis?

That is fantastic! Enjoy it with your Dad as these kinds of trips don't happen every year. I merely took my Dad to the UT-Memphis game in 2009, and we had a blast. I was lucky enough to have a Dad that took me to several football games at great schools when I was a teenager looking at colleges. Good times.

It will be interesting to see about the turnout, but I wouldn't expect much. Coming off a negative with the NIT, and the kicker is the expense to stay or even travel to the venue. I would love to see the Vols play at a venue like that, but most of my money has been spent on football over the years.

Sorry fellas I had no clue as to what this thread was about. I had some drinks, 6 to many actually, so I apologize for my ignorance.

Reactions: 2 people
My wife and I stayed at a hotel a few miles from Atlantis a few years back for a wedding. We did make the trek over into Atlantis for a day to look around. They make it very difficult to get away from that place. If you think you can simply walk out and there are places to eat, it really isn't that easy. You have to get a cab and it's a pretty decently long ride. If you have the coin, just plan on staying at the resort... You get away from the resort and the locals are more looking to "take" your money rather than give you good service (at least that was our experience).

My wife and I stayed at a hotel a few miles from Atlantis a few years back for a wedding. We did make the trek over into Atlantis for a day to look around. They make it very difficult to get away from that place. If you think you can simply walk out and there are places to eat, it really isn't that easy. You have to get a cab and it's a pretty decently long ride. If you have the coin, just plan on staying at the resort... You get away from the resort and the locals are more looking to "take" your money rather than give you good service (at least that was our experience).

Things have changed alot in a few years from what I read. Many places to eat within .5 a mile of Atlantis now.

sounds like it will be a hell of a fun trip BTO,enjoy the time with your Dad ,hopefully the Vols will shine too

Was doing some research on the teams, trying to get an idea of the other teams in the field. Was actually pretty surprised because at first glance I though Tennessee and Kansas were clearly the favorites, but that's definitely not the case. Villanova and Iowa are both in many preseason Top 25's and expected to be good teams. Xavier while not in the preseason Top 25, is expected to make the dance this year and be an improved team. Really the only teams that aren't expected to be tourney teams are USC, Wake Forest ad UTEP. Obviously Enfield is at USC so who knows what they may be able to pull off, and UTEP has a pretty good coach in Floyd.

I expect Xavier to be on the opposite side of the bracket, and I hope kansas is too. Regardless though, definitely some better competition than I originally thought.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back