'16 NC Center Raekwon Long

good article in y! sports but hope he is ready before 2106. I wont be around to see him.

“My fourth grade and fifth grade years I grew 13 inches in two years,” he said. “I grew from 5-feet to 6-feet-1.”

“I’m in the gym every day working on it,” he said. “I’ve just got to make it happen on the court. It’s just repetition.”

“In just a three week span, Long looks much more confident on the court. At the Carolina Challenge in late March, the 7-footer certainly showed promise, but struggled finishing off plays. At the KnoxVegas Heat event, Long rebounded well, was more active inside and finished better around the rim. With his size and all around tools, Long is one that high majors are already tracking.”

“It was a good camp and good competition,” he said. “Tennessee has great coaches, and I like the arena. It’s very beautiful. The coaches help out a lot. They’re very helpful. I like Tennessee.”

Asked to describe his game, Long replied: “Inside-out. I can hit the jump shot, hit the 3. I’m a good free-throw shooter but I’ve got to work on my shot. I need to work on my balance, making sure my feet are set before I make a move. I just need to be in the gym.”

“I’m looking for a great point guard,” he said, “and kids I can relate to.”

“My favorite color’s orange,” he said, “so that’s good.”

-scout

Reactions: 1 person
Averaged 16 points, 13 boards, 6 blocks a game.

posted four triple-doubles in 2012-13, including a 26-point, 24-rebound, 14-block game

Also on school swim team

I know. Wish I could have started the thread

Who's your favorite rapper in Wu Tang. Sorry to get off topic but music is my second love to basketball. I would have to say mines either RZA, method man, ghost face, or ODB. It's really hard to pick one

Who's your favorite rapper in Wu Tang. Sorry to get off topic but music is my second love to basketball. I would have to say mines either RZA, method man, ghost face, or ODB. It's really hard to pick one

Agreed it is hard to choose. Theyre all nasty. I'd say GFK, RZA, or Method. Tough decision tho

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone hear anymore about this kid.

Vols early leader for 2016 7-footer.

Honestly, I haven't heard or saw anything new on him since his transfer to Scott County (KY). We are the only ones on him so far from the recruiting services.

Here is a highlight reel. Not the most athletic guy and leaves a lot to be desired with skill level, but he definitely has surprising coordination. He has a nice touch from outside.
7 Foot 9th Grader Raekwon Long - High School Basketball Phenom - YouTube

In this video, he is being owned head-to-head by freak athlete, sure-fire NBA lottery pick and fellow '16 top top prospect, Thon Maker (wish we had any chance at him). You can definitely see the difference in skill and athleticism between the two. Plus, it's funny to see them against a bunch of 5'5 players.

Thon Maker vs Raekwon Long - 7 Footers Go Head to Head at John Lucas Midwest Invitational - YouTube

Last edited:
“@Justinbyerly: 2016 C Raekwon Long will be attending Carmel Christian in Charlotte, NC next season. Spent past year at Scott County HS in Kentucky.”

Thanks! Strange though because his handler was talking about getting him out of he "pressures" from NC in an article. Hope he gets plenty of good competition against some of those NC prep schools. I think he has potential.

Thanks! Strange though because his handler was talking about getting him out of he "pressures" from NC in an article. Hope he gets plenty of good competition against some of those NC prep schools. I think he has potential.

Thought I was going crazy too. I knew the article Germ attached said he was going to KY. But I just noticed that was from June 2013. :loco:

VN Store

Back