Unfinished Product: McRae Still Evolving

iKrager

Good article on Jordan, excited to see what he brings to the table this year. :eek:k:

June 17, 2013

By Alex Cate, UTsports.com

Six in the morning is early - maybe too early for some - but not for rising-senior Tennessee guard Jordan McRae. Everyone knows he'll be at the gym, and there's an open invitation to join him.

Two years ago this "gym rat" persona would have been uncharacteristic of McRae. But since the arrival of head coach Cuonzo Martin and his staff, McRae has steadily developed both on the hardwood as a player and off the court as a man.

"We could see the raw potential in him (when our staff got here)," Vols assistant coach Kent Williams said of the long and athletic Midway, Ga., native.
Unfinished Product: McRae Still Evolving - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Good read! I'm excited about the leadership we will have on the team next year with McRae and Maymon

Love this line right here.

"Everything I was good at last year, I'm trying to be great at this year," McRae said. "Everything I was bad at last year I want to be good at. Each year I just want to add something to my game so there is improvement each summer."

Reactions: 3 people
If McRae makes a fraction of the improvement he made between year two and three...., yikes.

With Barton, Hubbs, and Maymon on board, I expect to have a much more well rounded balanced team. I doubt we will see the 30 pt nights from McRae. Not that he can't, but because this team will not have to have that. That alone may keep him from being the SEC POY, but in my opinion he's the best all around player in the SEC.

VN Store

Back