Tennessee's under the radar 2014 class

RockyTop22

Two days ago, Tennesee landed a commitment from 2014 four-star PF Philip Cofer (Atlanta, Ga./Whitewater). Cofer is the second four-star prospect in Cuonzo Martin's 2014 class, joining SG Jordan Cornish (New Orleans, La./Brother Martin), who committed to the Vols last month

Tennessee did not debut in ESPN's first iteration of the 2014 class rankings, which ranks the top 10 classes thus far. Still, based on a pair of four-star commits before the early signing period, we have to conclude the program is not far behind the top 10 and certainly one of the best in the SEC. Cofer and Cornish should enter the program at a fine time in Knoxville, as there are high expectations for next year. With the majority of production returning (Jarnell Stokes, Jeronne Maymon, Jordan McRae) an experienced transfer (Antonio Barton), and the No. 4 SG in the 2013 class (Robert Hubbs) the Vols are seen as a surefire NCAA tournament team and fringe top-25 in the 2013-14 season.

The Vols are reportedly also in play for 2014 top prospects like No. 22 JaQuan Lyle (Evansville, Ind./Bosse) and No. 9 Kevon Looney (Milwaukee, Wis./Milwaukee Hamilton), among others. Off to a blistering start, Martin's team is by no means finished assembling what should end up as an excellent foundation for continued future success.

-Nic Reiner ESPN

Tennessee's under the radar 2014 class - College Basketball Rumors Blog - ESPN

Reactions: 4 people
ESPN hate u...
mind-blown-o.gif

Who do you guys think will be the next Bball recruit to give a verbal and potentially when? Are there any Memphis recruits CCM is after?

Who do you guys think will be the next Bball recruit to give a verbal and potentially when? Are there any Memphis recruits CCM is after?

Leron Black is probably the biggest. As for the next commit will either be Hurt, or the Richmond kid.

Martin is trying with Leron Black, but IMO it's really not even worth the time, but jmo. Marcanvis Hymon is someone we have also kept in touch with, but don't think we are pursuing him very hard at this time.

As for the next commit, I think it will be a little while before the next. Lyle is getting close to cutting to 4, but then will take visits. Looney will take his visits. Most guys want to take a few offal visits before deciding.

Just a guess if I have to make one, if Devin Mitchell visits keep an eye on him. He's friends with Armani Moore, AJ Davis and Phil Cofer. If they could get Mitchell to visit for the elite camp (Phil & Jordan) will be here, he could possibly commit.

As for Richmond, I wouldn't pay much attention to him, regardless of being in his top 4 I'm not sure the staff would even take his commitment if he chose Tennessee...which I don't think he will.

this is what cuonzo needed. now he just has to do it on the court. the pieces are coming together. time to finish the puzzle. (insert cliche here)

Martin is trying with Leron Black, but IMO it's really not even worth the time, but jmo. Marcanvis Hymon is someone we have also kept in touch with, but don't think we are pursuing him very hard at this time.

As for the next commit, I think it will be a little while before the next. Lyle is getting close to cutting to 4, but then will take visits. Looney will take his visits. Most guys want to take a few offal visits before deciding.

Just a guess if I have to make one, if Devin Mitchell visits keep an eye on him. He's friends with Armani Moore, AJ Davis and Phil Cofer. If they could get Mitchell to visit for the elite camp (Phil & Jordan) will be here, he could possibly commit.

As for Richmond, I wouldn't pay much attention to him, regardless of being in his top 4 I'm not sure the staff would even take his commitment if he chose Tennessee...which I don't think he will.

Good stuff Bleed & Goobie

SIAP but here's a list of names Rob Lewis posted a few days ago that we are going after hard:

They are swinging for the fences with a lot of big names; Leron Black, Jalen Lindsey, Jaquan Lyle, Kevon Looney, Ahmed Hill are some of the big names. CJ Turman is a solid post in Ga they like a lot. The big kid from Lipscomb that went juco that we wrote about last week, Hurt, is definitely a name to keep in mind along with Zach McCormick the somewhat off the radar guard from Cincy .

-Rob Lewis

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back