108. Shane Hall
121. Makinde London
122. CJ Turman
126. Philip Cofer
130. James Demery
134. Jaquel Richmond
151. Jordan Cornish

A few notes of mine:

Kevon Looney is a top 10 player, he's been there awhile and isn't moving out. Duke is gonna make him a priority, should be fun to watch.

Jalen Lindsey's stock has been trending down for about a year now, and it continued with these rankings. I don't think you're gonna see a UK or UNC offer, Providence and Tennessee very much in it.

Devin Mitchell had about the biggest jump of any player in the rankings. He's definitely a top 100 player, hope we really pursue him hard as he showed a lot of interest in Tennessee.

Riley Norris got a nice bump as well, hope we continue to fight for him.

Cofer still trending upwards, will likely be close to a top 100 player when it's all said and done.

Jordan dropped down a bit, could be a result of missing some of EYBL, or just typical Tennessee treatment :)

Reactions: 1 person
Which out of these group do you think we will land. I haven't followed basketball recruiting... Been let down ever since we lost out on that Austin Nichols. That kid is a beast

Which out of these group do you think we will land. I haven't followed basketball recruiting... Been let down ever since we lost out on that Austin Nichols. That kid is a beast

On Nichols I think Martin learned a valuable lesson, don't rely on Memphis. He did everything he could and had Nichols saying he was UT bound, but got burnt. That's not a knock on Memphis, it's just a common theme.

As for who we land...I think my most recent prediction was Lyle, Cornish, London, Cofer and Hurt. Hurt is a JUCO so he's not on that list. We are definitely in it for guys like looney, Lindsey, Mitchell, Norris, and Richmond too though.

From his offer list, you would think we should be in decent shape to land James Demery.

I have to kinda question how high Riley Norris jumped. He has the purest shot I have seen in a while. But his footspeed may be a big hurdle. All I am basing that on is video tho. I havent seen the kid in person.

If we get 3 more of those besides Cornish or course, it will be an outstanding class.(for Tennessee)

On Nichols I think Martin learned a valuable lesson, don't rely on Memphis. He did everything he could and had Nichols saying he was UT bound, but got burnt. That's not a knock on Memphis, it's just a common theme.

As for who we land...I think my most recent prediction was Lyle, Cornish, London, Cofer and Hurt. Hurt is a JUCO so he's not on that list. We are definitely in it for guys like looney, Lindsey, Mitchell, Norris, and Richmond too though.

We're in it for Looney? I wouldn't have expected that. Sweet. :good!:

Was London unrated last time?

Their arrow says he dropped 70 spots, but I'm positive that they have their arrow backwards. He was around 190 and jumped 70 spots to 120.

Isaac Haas dropped 147 spots according to 247, glad we stopped pursuing him lol.

I hate NICHOLS, 17 YEAR OLD KID LYING ON WHERE HE IS GOING.:eek:lol:

Justin Young posted Crystal Ball Prediction on 247 today:
Cofer to TN.
TIFWIW

They're really going out on a limb - calling a UT legacy to UT.
I know it's not a guarantee and hope we close the deal. Not exactly a bold prediction though.

Jalen Lindsey's stock has been trending down for about a year now, and it continued with these rankings. I don't think you're gonna see a UK or UNC offer, Providence and Tennessee very much in it.

Why wouldn't UK offer? From what I read Cal was looking at him a few times.

Tennessee targets:

8. Kevon Looney
10. Cliff Alexander
26. Jaquan Lyle
50. Jalen Lindsey
55. Devin Mitchell
67. Abdul Malik Abu
75. Riley Norris
106. Marcanvis Hymon
108. Shane Hall
121. Makinde London
122. CJ Turman
126. Philip Cofer
130. James Demery
134. Jaquel Richmond
151. Jordan Cornish

Hello OP. Thanks for the list. Would you please add the positon each of these guys play? We need a couple of bigs in 2014.

Hello OP. Thanks for the list. Would you please add the positon each of these guys play? We need a couple of bigs in 2014.

All of these guys are forwards between 6'7"-6'9"

8. Kevon Looney
10. Cliff Alexander
67. Abdul Malik Abu
108. Shane Hall
121. Makinde London
122. CJ Turman
126. Philip Cofer

Stephen Hurt is a JUCO center that we will target and pursue strongly.

Tennessee targets:

8. Kevon Looney
10. Cliff Alexander
26. Jaquan Lyle
50. Jalen Lindsey
55. Devin Mitchell
67. Abdul Malik Abu
75. Riley Norris
106. Marcanvis Hymon
108. Shane Hall
121. Makinde London
122. CJ Turman
126. Philip Cofer
130. James Demery
134. Jaquel Richmond
151. Jordan Cornish

I bolded the players who I feel we are seriously pursuing, and have a legitimate chance with.

I'm starting to get hopeful that we'll land Looney and Lyle. Give me those two and a good post, and there's pretty much no way it's not a great class regardless of whom else we land.

I'm starting to get hopeful that we'll land Looney and Lyle. Give me those two and a good post, and there's pretty much no way it's not a great class regardless of whom else we land.

Wowzer!!!

I am basically counting Cornish and Cofer as Vols (just don't see him ending up elsewhere). You add Lyle and Looney to that class and you've got a top 10 class, if not top 5. I'm hoping for one of those 2, but ill gladly take both :)

I'm a little scared of Louisville starting to look at and contact Cofer. I really want him in orange.

Is that like one of those feelings on the FB board. I got a good feeling about this game?

VN Store

Back