'14 OH SG Zach McCormick

CAVol

Zach McCormick - Yahoo! Sports

No offer yet but according to Volquest says he hears from Tennessee several times per week. Also getting contacted by Butler and Ole Miss.

I hear from Tennessee a few times a week pretty consistently," McCormick said. "They do a good job of keeping in touch with me, I hear from coach (Kent) Williams, my mom and myself have both talked to coach Martin. They seem to have a lot of interest right now, and they're one of the schools that I'm wanting to learn more about.

Seems like a back up plan right now. He is a very good 3 point shooter, though.

You got a little game, if your ok wearing an old school tank top like that! lol

Nah, kinda hard to see overall game, but he definitely has a nice lookin shot

Last edited:
The Kentucky Travelers (formerly the Tennessee Travelers) also have a couple of prospects who are targets of interest for the Vols in Augusta next week. Cameron Justice, a dead-eye shooting guard in the 2015 class, has been on the Vols’ radar for a long while now, and will get some attention next week. More pressing could be the Vols’ evaluation of Justice’s AAU teammate, Zack McCormick, the Cincinnati guard we’ve mentioned previously who was on campus for Elite Camp this month.

At present McCormick isn’t holding an offer, but with Jaquan Lyle now off the board, the Vol are probably going to be seeking some other backcourt help in this class. McCormick is one player to keep an eye on to potentially fill that role.

-VQ

Rob continues to mention this guy consistently in the War Room. I'm guessing that if the staff decided to offer, it would be for PG.

Rob continues to mention this guy consistently in the War Room. I'm guessing that if the staff decided to offer, it would be for PG.

Yea definitely. I could see the staff following McCormick and Devoe closely through July and offering whichever they feel better about.

Sigh... Have the coaching staff not learned their lesson with Armani Moore? The PG/SG works in high school, but the transition is hard in college, we should really be focusing on a 'real PG', and I'd say Devoe is definitely a fit for us.

Anyone hear anything about Moore running the point this year? (I doubt it, but who knows)

Sigh... Have the coaching staff not learned their lesson with Armani Moore? The PG/SG works in high school, but the transition is hard in college, we should really be focusing on a 'real PG', and I'd say Devoe is definitely a fit for us.

Anyone hear anything about Moore running the point this year? (I doubt it, but who knows)

Devoe is probably more of a combo guard than McCormick, IMO.

No, we tried that experiment and found out he is NOT a pg. Also, he has shown he can be really effective when runningthe baseline.

That's only my 2 cents. But its worth 45 yen. lol

One combo guard that was not able to handle the point is awesome concrete evidence that it can't be done. Thank you for this enlightening revelation.

One combo guard that was not able to handle the point is awesome concrete evidence that it can't be done. Thank you for this enlightening revelation.

There seems to be a trend in basketball right now with coaches wanting athletic, scoring point guards.

We are seeing it in college and in the NBA.

There seems to be a trend in basketball right now with coaches wanting athletic, scoring point guards.

We are seeing it in college and in the NBA.

Very true. Gotta believe if more teams pressured the ball before it crossed half court, their might be a bigger need for an actual pg. But if somebody ain't gonna guard me till I get to my 3 point line I could be a heck of a pg.

edit: True PG. :)

Very true. Gotta believe if more teams pressured the ball before it crossed half court, their might be a bigger need for an actual pg. But if somebody ain't gonna guard me till I get to my 3 point line I could be a heck of a pg.

edit: True PG. :)

haha yeah.

VN Store

Back