All joking aside... Golden/Wright situation

TechnoVol

With supposedly more than one student athlete involved in this mess... this rabbit hole could not end well for us if the NCAA decides to get involved.

Does this situation potentially have "Lack of Institutional Control" potential? Man I sure hope not, SMDH! What a soap opera we have in our athletic department these days. :banghead2:

Reactions: 2 people
I am of the opinion that the office of student judicial affairs is not the athletic departments responsibility, therefore the NCAA has no business in the matter. Of course I could be completely wrong.

I am of the opinion that the office of student judicial affairs is not the athletic departments responsibility, therefore the NCAA has no business in the matter. Of course I could be completely wrong.

Considering student athletes are involved the NCAA probably does have involvement if they choose to.

If players issues(cheating, or whatever) was ignored by this group or those in charge of the group and it allowed the kids to play when they should not have been, of course the NCAA will get involved and the school would be very much liable IMO. With us already on probation for several other things, we really do not need this right now.

Unless there has been some kind of wrong doing on behalf of Student Judicial Affairs for the student atheletes (i.e. covering up cheating etc.) I don't see a reason. Other than that its a case of violating university policy against relationships between staff and student. To me it is unlikely the NCAA would get involved unless they have a similar rule on the books, which I doubt.

She was fired and Golden was thrown off the team and kicked out of school so CASE CLOSED!

Wish it were that simple but worry it won't be...

It worked for LSU with iirc their WR coach. I can not remember what he did, but I believe they let him go and nothing came of it. Also, I do think it should be enough if she was acting alone, not a multiple employee cheating situation.

EDIT: Here is article about the LSU coach. I know this is different, just saying that when they let him go, I don't think LSU was punished.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20091210/SPORTS0202/91209030/LSU-wide-receivers-coach-resigns

Last edited:
Why is everyone always so worried about the NCAA. They are only going to become involved when the University has done something wrong. This was a person at the University, therefore it's Tennessee's problem not the NCAA's.

Reactions: 2 people
According to Jimmy Hyams another basketball player and a football player have been linked to this situation also.

Last edited:
I don't think the NCAA will get involved. When the investigation is over they will probably turn their findings over to the NCAA anyway and unless there's something major I don't think the NCAA will bother.

Last edited:
I don't understand how some of you don't think the NCAA would get involved. This type of situation epitomizes the NCAA's jurisdiction. You have multiple (per reports) student athletes being sent to judicial affairs for cheating/plagiarizing and receiving little to no punishment because they're athletes. Or, even if the lite punishment wasn't because they were athletes (instead because she was screwing them), it wouldn't matter.The actual reason is irrelevant. It would still be improper benefits. The student athlete would be benefiting in a way that a normal (plagiarizing) student did not.

There's no doubt in my mind that the NCAA will look into this.

Lets not get carried away. Like most things this will be a non story in a week or two. I just hope the football player is CP since he's gone already.

Last edited:
I don't understand how some of you don't think the NCAA would get involved. This type of situation epitomizes the NCAA's jurisdiction. You have multiple (per reports) student athletes being sent to judicial affairs for cheating/plagiarizing and receiving little to no punishment because they're athletes. Or, even if the lite punishment wasn't because they were athletes (instead because she was screwing them), it wouldn't matter.The actual reason is irrelevant. It would still be improper benefits. The student athlete would be benefiting in a way that a normal (plagiarizing) student did not.

There's no doubt in my mind that the NCAA will look into this.
Why would they look into it? It's the university's problem not the NCAA's. What good would involving the NCAA bring (of course it's not UT's choice to involve them or not :p).

VN Store

Back