Mike Dixon?

WRE3

...and please pay no more!
Any chance we can draw interest from former Mizzou guard Mike Dixon? He has one year of elgibility left and averaged 13 pts. and 3.3 assist per game as a Junior. If I remember correctly this guy plays really hard and would be fun to watch. BTO, got anything?

Reactions: 1 person
A guy with legal troubles that's not even guaranteed to play this upcoming season? There's no way Cuonzo will look his way.

Hmmm that's an interesting one I hadn't even thought about...after a quick search it appears he sat out this past year completely (didn't transfer anywhere). He is taking online classes and hoping for a waiver in which he could play immediately at his new school, similar to the waiver dez wells received this year.

Good find, this could definitely be one to watch, very solid PG.

I will say that Haith may have screwed up that situation, but it's still not worth going after a guy that's borderline on being able to play next season.

A guy with legal troubles that's not even guaranteed to play this upcoming season? There's no way Cuonzo will look his way.

Depends how desperate Martin gets. For starters, he was never charged with anything, the legal troubles are in the past. As for playing this season, I assume that's something that would be looked into before offering him.

It's a lot like the Dyer situation with the football team, I would definitely look into it and make a few phone calls if I was Zo...assuming he doesn't have Barton locked up.

Depends how desperate Martin gets. For starters, he was never charged with anything, the legal troubles are in the past. As for playing this season, I assume that's something that would be looked into before offering him.

I agree with you, but based on the Yemi situation, it must not matter if you're officially charged with anything under this regime.

I actually think Cuonzo would relish the chance to turn this young man into a success story. I don't think he was ever found guilty of anything. Also, he is the kind of hard nosed, hard working guy, Cuonzo likes playing for him.

I agree with you, but based on the Yemi situation, it must not matter if you're officially charged with anything under this regime.

Do the same rules apply to a 2ppg benchwarmer as they do to a potential all-sec player at a position of dire need? That may be the more appropriate question...

Once again I don't know what'll happen, but if Barton turns you down we'd be foolish to not at least look into it. He's not being courted by any big time schools, he's a guy we would probably have a very good shot with.

I actually think Cuonzo would relish the chance to turn this young man into a success story. I don't think he was ever found guilty of anything. Also, he is the kind of hard nosed, hard working guy, Cuonzo likes playing for him.

I definitely see your side of the story. That said, I think he will most likely end up at a Big 12 school.

Would rather have Evan Gordon from Arizona State. Started at PG at 10 points per game and has a year left since he graduated if the NCAA clears him. He had transferred once before so he needs a waiver. He would be immediate help to go with Thompson.

Give this kid a close look.
would be a Junior. Is from Memphis.
Has recorded double and triple doubles.
18/7/4 last season.
Marshun Newell.
quite a story.

NJCAA Stats

Would rather have Evan Gordon from Arizona State. Started at PG at 10 points per game and has a year left since he graduated if the NCAA clears him. He had transferred once before so he needs a waiver. He would be immediate help to go with Thompson.

He has stated he wants to get close to home (family issues iirc) supposedly a Hoosier lock.

Former Top 100 players L.J. Rose (PG) and Deuce Bello have been granted their releases from Baylor. One will be replace with Top 100 player Allerik Freeman (SG) and Royce O'Neal (SF UofDenver) or Dixon are being rumored for the other spot.

You guys should check into Bello and Rose.

Reactions: 1 person
Former Top 100 players L.J. Rose (PG) and Deuce Bello have been granted their releases from Baylor. One will be replace with Top 100 player Allerik Freeman (SG) and Royce O'Neal (SF UofDenver) or Dixon are being rumored for the other spot.

You guys should check into Bello and Rose.

Neither will help this year, as both have to sit a year, but both are good players for the future. No offense to you of Baylor, but I'm skeptical of any kid that signed up to play for Scott Drew to begin with.

Neither will help this year, as both have to sit a year, but both are good players for the future. No offense to you of Baylor, but I'm skeptical of any kid that signed up to play for Scott Drew to begin with.
Julien Lewis of Texas Longhorns transfers - ESPNSo how about this guy? 4* SG that would have to sit and Drew didn't offer. That whole class has quit on Barnes.

Last edited:
Julien Lewis of Texas Longhorns transfers - ESPNSo how about this guy? 4* SG that would have to sit and Drew didn't offer. That whole class has quit on Barnes.

How in the world does that guy still have a job? I mean he has all the resourses, brings in a decent class every year, but is mediocre evry year. They have made the tourney under him, but little success.

If Barnes were here, our legion would have been screamin "we deserve better" 3 years ago.

How in the world does that guy still have a job? I mean he has all the resourses, brings in a decent class every year, but is mediocre evry year. They have made the tourney under him, but little success.

If Barnes were here, our legion would have been screamin "we deserve better" 3 years ago.

They don't count wins in Austin, only cash. Their fans are ready to burn the place down.

VN Store

Back