Golden's dad disputes academic problems

Reticent... Great word. Going straight to the "words I need to use more" note in my phone.

Reactions: 1 person
And the marathon bomber parents thought their sons were set up. It's what parents do. Sometimes parents don't know the truth. Sometimes they don't want to SEE the truth.

Love is Blind sometimes.
Of course none of us knows the whole story either.
I assume that Trae does, but I'm not sure that even CCM or Trae's father knows everything.

Best of luck to the Golden Family.

So according to his dad, in February, Trae and his father were discussing him possibly transferring this year? Yeah, that's kinda hard to swallow. :crazy:

My thought also...why would they be discussing a possible transfer if nothing was up lol

so why we trying to win he is thinking of leaving. makes you think hmmm did that hurt his play.

So there are academic issues per UT, which is disputed by the father of Trae and many of his friends. He is going to transfer and it will all work out fine per Zo and others, yet there are academic issues as the reason he is leaving. How can he transfer if there are academic issues? It's not like he is going juco. Sombody is misrepresenting the truth. No wonder the UTAD has as much credibility as the Obama administration. Maybe they need to hire Susan Rice as their publicist.

Reactions: 5 people
So there are academic issues per UT, which is disputed by the father of Trae and many of his friends. He is going to transfer and it will all work out fine per Zo and others, yet there are academic issues as the reason he is leaving. How can he transfer if there are academic issues? It's not like he is going juco. Sombody is misrepresenting the truth. No wonder the UTAD has as much credibility as the Obama administration. Maybe they need to hire Susan Rice as their publicist.

Or maybe they are protecting Trae by allowing him to transfer without throwing the book at him.

Reactions: 6 people
Maybe Trae just didn't want to play for Martin anymore? Remember, he played for BP too. Trae doesn't like to play defense. The AD decides to come up with an academic excuse.

Maybe Trae just didn't want to play for Martin anymore? Remember, he played for BP too. Trae doesn't like to play defense. The AD decides to come up with an academic excuse.

I don't see why an excuse would need to be made up? Players transfer all the time for better fits, it's left at that, no excuse needed.

Unfortunately, I think this is what will happen. Honestly, I'll be surprised if Martin, Golden, or UT say anything else at all.

Me too. Which tells me it is 100% true. If you were Trae and it wasnt, wouldn't you be screaming at the rooftops that your innocent?

Me too. Which tells me it is 100% true. If you were Trae and it wasnt, wouldn't you be screaming at the rooftops that your innocent?

Absolutely. You guys know I'm a huge homer, but from a purely objective perspective, plagiarism is the most likely case IMO.

*that is to say with the information we currently have

Last edited:
I don't see why an excuse would need to be made up? Players transfer all the time for better fits, it's left at that, no excuse needed.

I would assume it's because of the time of when this happened.

Stuff doesn't happen overnight. Media comes pressing for answers.

Maybe I missed something, but did CCM say it's because of academics, or is that from the AD/media?

It makes sense that it was never Martins' decision. Maybe CCM bluntly told Trae, "we need you" and Trae goes "nah, I'm not into it anymore, sorry Coach. I don't care anymore, I'm not feeling good...etc.."

It's more of a mind game for Trae.

The credible Bush administration would be a better choice

Reactions: 5 people
Unfortunately, I think this is what will happen. Honestly, I'll be surprised if Martin, Golden, or UT say anything else at all.

I tend to agree with Chris. I do have a question for any lawyers on the board reading this. Would not the public statement of his dismissal for academic fraud by university staff be a FERPA violation? If so, the only source legally exempt to clarify is the Golden family and they have nothing to gain by speaking out.

I think Coach Zo is taking the high road here as he has done in all other incidence concerning his players. In the end, once again, I think he will prove to almost all that he did the right thing.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't have any inside info here, but knowing how the university works, it's a plagiarism deal. Trae probably got caught by a professor. He's probably a repeat offender. The professor wouldn't give, the UTAD appealed it up the ladder, and the administration backed up the professor. At that point Trae was probably given the option to withdraw from the class and/or the university or be kicked out, which would hurt his options for transferring. Due to lack of credits and the plagiarism, his only option was to withdraw and transfer or receive a huge black eye. Is it an academic problem in terms of grades? No, technically it is an ethics and student conduct issue.

One more thing, Cuonzo is probably working with the Golden's dad to help place him somewhere. No decent university is going to admit a student kicked out of their previous university for plagiarism. They are trying to keep this quiet to keep Golden's options open.

VN Store

Back