Tennessee to pursue Antonio Barton

bleedingTNorange

Figired given the circumstances this deserved it's own thread, he may be our best hope!!!

Mentioned this in a thread below, but don't want it to get lost.*

Some have been asking about Memphis transfer Antonio Barton, who would be eligible to play immediately.*

After talking with a few people this afternoon, I do expect Tennessee to aggressively go after him and try to get him on campus before he makes a decision. I also don't believe that those efforts just started this morning.*

I don't have any kind of a feel for their chances yet, and while he's got some nice options, Maryland and Syracuse along with A&M and K-State, Tennessee would provide him with what looks like a ready-made team as well as a great chance for big minutes.

Again, not trying to give false hope here, not sure how to assess TN's chances yet, but they are definitely working hard to get in the mix at this stage.

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
I really like this young man, I have seen him play many of nights and there's no doubt he could take the PG. postion with the talent UT will put on the floor and do big things. I really hope Martin goes hard on getting him to UT.

Reactions: 1 person
In before MemphisCanes says... NO CHANCE.

I agree there was little chance before this fiasco. However, his reasoning for leaving Memphis was PT, where he was getting almost 20mpg. He's looking for a place that offers immediate PT, and probably the most of it...of all the schools on his list Tennessee has to be the easiest path to becoming a starting PG and getting 30mpg.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree there was little chance before this fiasco. However, his reasoning for leaving Memphis was PT, where he was getting almost 20mpg. He's looking for a place that offers immediate PT, and probably the most of it...of all the schools on his list Tennessee has to be the easiest path to becoming a starting PG and getting 30mpg.

Absolutely..

I think Rod Wilks is going to be the point guard per sources...special eligibility exemption for him only.

Reactions: 3 people

Also he has a chance to lead a championship caliber team...not a bad option for sure.

Per Galiliee on VQ (Memphis HS coach)...sounds promising.

He spoke with CCM last week. I was told today by a staff member at UM that CCM knew this was coming down and had AB's attention.

Fine by me. Then Thompson can hopefully step in with some SEC experience an be a solid contributor.

VN Store

Back