14' NC SG James Demery

bleedingTNorange

James Demery - Yahoo! Sports

James Demery

It was a solid weekend for 2014 shooting guard James Demery as he made a big statement leading Team Charlotte to the Bob Gibbons Tournaments of Champions Championship and being named MVP. The 6-foot-4 prospect was coming off an ankle injury the week prior but received a motivational speech from coach Jeff McInnis prior to their arrival at the tournament that Demery took to heart.

James Demery won MVP honors at the Bob Gibbons TOC this weekend
“My coach had told me this was a big weekend and that a lot of college coaches were going to be out.” Demery said. I just stepped up and played with a lot of energy. I had to play through my sprained ankle and I think my mental toughness was a big part.”
The performance earned Demery three new offers to date as Tennessee, Oklahoma State and George Mason all stepped forward on Tuesday afternoon. Those three schools join, Virginia Tech, East Carolina and Charlotte to round out the offer list for the fast rising wing.

The Volunteers received news during the month of April that 6-foot-5 Jordan McRae will return for his senior season in Knoxville. That means they will be looking for his replacement in the 2014 class and that was the message extended to Demery on Tuesday.

“I talked with Coach (Kent) Williams and Coach (Cuonzo) Martin is supposed to call me tomorrow,” Demery said. They were telling me they need a big wing, somebody that has a lot of energy and that can play the game of basketball. I have watched them on television and like what they do. I am planning to go up there sometime during June.”

The surprise of the day came following Demery’s afternoon workout. Returning home, he saw a strange number appear on his cell phone and elected to see who may be checking in. That phone call led to a new offer.

“Oklahoma State got in touch with me and told me they have a scholarship for me,” Demery said. “They said they liked how I had been playing and want me to join their program. I don’t know much about them but they are going to send me more information and going to be keeping in contact with me.”
Along with the six offers he currently holds, Demery has several teams showing strong interest. He rattled off a list of Georgia Tech, DePaul, Florida State, Xavier and Cincinnati as programs that could be offering soon. The Tar Heel state native also mentioned that North Carolina stopped by recently to watch him workout.

With the spring evaluation period out of the way, Demery plans to focus on finishing his junior year strong and then planning a few visits. On Tuesday night he had an idea of a few unofficial visits this summer and a time frame for when a decision could come.
“I am suppose to be taking visits to Georgia Tech, Xavier, DePaul and Tennessee in June,” he said. “I am trying to make a decision after AAU, when the summer is over. I don’t want that much pressure during my school year, I want it to be more relaxing and be able to focus on my senior year and making sure that I finish strong with my academics.”

There are sure to be more offers on the way over the next few weeks and with another evaluation period to go through things are not slowing down for Demery. With that in mind he talked about where things stand heading into May.

“Right now, everything is happening so fast that I am just taking everything in,” he said. “I am going to wait and see what all my options are then I will sit with my coach and family and narrow things down.”

Demery carries an overall grade of 89 by 247Sports.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzbFK3rPgZI[/youtube]

2 year old video, and he was impressive then.

Good find Martin

“@JamieShaw5: @JKDemery25 6'4 W James Demery @Team_CLT says first visits will be to Creighton, Tenn, GaTech, VaTech, OkSt (all offers) in June #GetLooks”

Lol. Oh yeah dude. Middle school bball is the big time

No....I'm in the big time....first base coach for a tee ball team.....I do realize maybe I'm too competitive bc I leave every game pissed off bc the main two coaches of the team won't do the little things to help us win the games.

We are his best offer but I think Cornish is a similar player don't know how hard we are recruiting him now.

No....I'm in the big time....first base coach for a tee ball team.....I do realize maybe I'm too competitive bc I leave every game pissed off bc the main two coaches of the team won't do the little things to help us win the games.

How well I remember those days.

Apparently at the NBA TOP 100 camp and is really showing well. This is a guy I would like to see us also push for, don't slow play this kid, really starting to blow up.

One name that Tennessee fans need to keep a close eye on going forward is North Carolina prospect James Demery. We mentioned him a while back when he drifted through on an unofficial visit as someone who was flying under the radar after missing his sophomore year with an injury.

He's on his way to becoming much more well known after earning an invite to this week's NBA Player's Association Camp. A versatile wing who excels in the open floor and can really crash the glass, Demery got a firm Tennessee offer in the spring and the Vols' have recently been picking up some company in their high opinion of him. Clemson and Miami have both offered as well with more likely to follow in July.

-Rob Lewis

That could be even more true depending on how things proceed with Charlotte's James Demery, who we mentioned in last week's War Room and will have an article up on this afternoon. Demery had a standout showing last week against high level competition at the NBA Players' Association Camp and is a guy whose stock is on the rise. Tennessee as the first big school to offer him, and he has the Vols high on his list.

If Tennessee could land a commitment from Demery, who is a similar player to Lindsey in a lot of respects, it would be interesting to see how that impacted the Vols' plans.

-VQ

I like the idea of the staff getting sick of the Lindsey game he appears to want to play.

Be interested to watch demery that's for sure, we are clearly his best offer at this point...but he also was one of the better performers at the NBA top 100 camp last week and that propelled him to a top 100 ranking by 247.

I like the idea of the staff getting sick of the Lindsey game he appears to want to play.

Be interested to watch demery that's for sure, we are clearly his best offer at this point...but he also was one of the better performers at the NBA top 100 camp last week and that propelled him to a top 100 ranking by 247.

I agree.

If Lindsey is going to continue to wait for the UK, Duke, etc to offer then I'll be just fine with taking Demery. Seems to be a really nice player with a ton of upside.

“@Coach_Rick57: Per @mcnasty_0 Coach Jeff McInnis, 6'4 2014 James Demery @JKDemery25 has been offered by Tenn, VT, GT, and Miami. All 4 recruiting him hard”

“@Coach_Rick57: Per @mcnasty_0 Coach Jeff McInnis, 6'4 2014 James Demery @JKDemery25 has been offered by Tenn, VT, GT, and Miami. All 4 recruiting him hard”

I'm more concerned that the coaches twitter name is McNasty

I would love to land him. Take him and London now...then you can be very selective going forward.

“@JamieShaw5: James Demery 6'4 W @JKDemery25 HM offers still coming in, says VT Tenn & Creighton are looking good for officials @Team_CLT @VerbalCommits”

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back