2014 G Jalen Lindsey

Seeing you post the twitter link got me to thinking, I wish people were more vocal on twitter to the BB recruits. If you're not a twitter person I get it, but it makes an impact. If you don't think it does look at the FB team and their recruits, those guys are loving it and it definitely helps...just a thought.

Reactions: 2 people
Seeing you post the twitter link got me to thinking, I wish people were more vocal on twitter to the BB recruits. If you're not a twitter person I get it, but it makes an impact. If you don't think it does look at the FB team and their recruits, those guys are loving it and it definitely helps...just a thought.

I hope our legion doesnt learn of this. :)

damn how good would the Vols be if Lindsey came to UT with Hubbs here and a good pg that can pass both of these guys can shoot lights out and can dunk mad skills

damn how good would the Vols be if Lindsey came to UT with Hubbs here and a good pg that can pass both of these guys can shoot lights out and can dunk mad skills

The only thing that's getting in the way of that is these other top programs such as UK, North Carolina, Louisville, Kansas, etc. It's going to be tough but I think Tennessee will win some close battles in recruiting.

Cuonzo and his staff should take a lesson from Butch and be more active on twitter as well.

Cuonzo and his staff should take a lesson from Butch and be more active on twitter as well.

Agree. Saw someone say it somewhere, and I've been thinking about it...our assistants are damn near invisible it seems. Cuonzo would greatly benefit from going and hiring a stud recruiter and moving Pancratz to DOBO, replacing Fancher.

Go hire Maddux from CPA :)

Reactions: 1 person
The one thing that should help our 2014 recruiting is that we lose a lot of players that will be starters so a huge chance for immediate playing time. If he stays for this season I am certain Stokes want be here next season. So add him to Maymon, Golden, and McRae and look what we have backing them up looks like three freshmen with a lot of talent could join Hubbs and Richardson in the starting lineup.

Cuonzo is no CBJ in the promotion department. I'm sure if he would do something anything to encourage the fan base in that direction they would follow. I agree it would help, recruits love it.

Last edited:
If you believe that Martin intends to run off Landry from his commitment/LOI in favor of another year at prep school, it likely won't sit well with the staff at HP. Just a theory.

Well, what if that doesn't happen? If all this talk of Landry going to prep school doesn't turn out to be true, then seems like Lindsey going there wouldn't hurt our chances.

Well, what if that doesn't happen? If all this talk of Landry going to prep school doesn't turn out to be true, then seems like Lindsey going there wouldn't hurt our chances.

I agree. Re-read the first three words of my post you quoted.

Maybe "killed our chances" was a little harsh, but I do feel it really hurts our chances...

Reason 1: Chris alluded to it, if we part ways with Landry like many are speculating will happen (if Stokes returns), then I'm sure the HP staff won't be too welcoming to the Tennessee staff coming there to see Jalen. You can also imaging they probably won't have very good things to say about Tennessee to Jalen.

Reason 2: This is the bigger reason IMO...HP is big time, they get the big time exposure and attract the top schools. It has long been thought that if UK or UNC offers that's where he's going (he wants to go to UNC preferably). Both schools have been evaluating and contacting him, but neither has offered yet...now that he's at HP I would say it's almost a guarantee carolina offers, and probably UK.

Maybe "killed our chances" was a little harsh, but I do feel it really hurts our chances...

Reason 1: Chris alluded to it, if we part ways with Landry like many are speculating will happen (if Stokes returns), then I'm sure the HP staff won't be too welcoming to the Tennessee staff coming there to see Jalen. You can also imaging they probably won't have very good things to say about Tennessee to Jalen.

Reason 2: This is the bigger reason IMO...HP is big time, they get the big time exposure and attract the top schools. It has long been thought that if UK or UNC offers that's where he's going (he wants to go to UNC preferably). Both schools have been evaluating and contacting him, but neither has offered yet...now that he's at HP I would say it's almost a guarantee carolina offers, and probably UK.

Reason #2 doesn't seem as concerning to me. Lindsay is a proven product. It's not like he is an undiscovered or underutilized talent. UNC and UK know what he can do already. Transferring to HP isn't likely to change their minds, unless he becomes the focal point of their offense, like Andrew Wiggins. Lindsay doesn't have that type talent IMO, and HP will likely bring in guys with him just as talented. I could even see it have the opposite effect if he blends in with a lot of equally talented players.

Reason #2 doesn't seem as concerning to me. Lindsay is a proven product. It's not like he is an undiscovered or underutilized talent. UNC and UK know what he can do already. Transferring to HP isn't likely to change their minds, unless he becomes the focal point of their offense, like Andrew Wiggins. Lindsay doesn't have that type talent IMO, and HP will likely bring in guys with him just as talented. I could even see it have the opposite effect if he blends in with a lot of equally talented players.

Good point. Hadn't thought of it that way.

Very true...I'm guessing he received some sort of promise though about being the focal point. He was returning to a back to back state championship CPA team that didn't lose anyone, he was already the focal point of that team and would be next year. I see him going to HP because he wants more exposure and is hoping playing there will earn him some of those offers he wants.

Very true...I'm guessing he received some sort of promise though about being the focal point. He was returning to a back to back state championship CPA team that didn't lose anyone, he was already the focal point of that team and would be next year. I see him going to HP because he wants more exposure and is hoping playing there will earn him some of those offers he wants.

I wonder if Blackwell is far behind.

VN Store

Back