Martin wants an extension and am sure a raise (rumor)

Doesn't surprise me.

I don't think he should get one yet. Have a top 25 team and NCAAT team and then talk extension IMO.

Reactions: 17 people
If I was Dave Hart, I would tell Martin he could want in one hand and shat in the other.

Reactions: 9 people
Might as well. Where else other than UT can you get a raise when your on the hot seat?

Looks like CCM has been taking notes from Fulmer

Reactions: 4 people
I love Cuonzo. I hope he is successful at UT. I think he will be successful. Having said that, in no way should he get a raise or extension IMO. UT has to stop with the silly contracts/ buyouts. Get to the tourney next year and then talk

Reactions: 12 people
While I don't think he deserves one, don't get fooled into equating this line of work with most others.

It goes from cold to hot very fast, or vice versa.

I'd say next season is crucial for a lot reasons for Cuonzo--but I wouldn't be talking extension until after season 3.

While I don't think he deserves one, don't get fooled into equating this line of work with most others.

It goes from cold to hot very fast, or vice versa.

You've got to explain what you mean. Explain to me why some think Martin has earned one penny more than he's making?

Reactions: 2 people
Oh wow, this is laughable. I am one of the biggest Cuonzo supporters here, but no way in hell does he deserve either a raise or extension as of right now. Sounds like he's trying to secure himself if he ends up getting fired after next season.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh wow, this is laughable. I am one of the biggest Cuonzo supporters here, but no way in hell does he deserve either a raise or extension as of right now. Sounds like he's trying to secure himself if he ends up getting fired after next season.

That sounds like a welfare daddy that knows the ins.

You've got to explain what you mean. Explain to me why some think Martin has earned one penny more than he's making?

That is this business.

IF as a AD, you believe he is the man you want, then you have to play the game even if you don't want to. If he blows it up next year and is a 3 seed in the tourney, callers will come for him. So then, does he remember your loyalty or lack thereof from 365 days prior. People gets raises in this business all the time after average seasons.

Reactions: 1 person
To make a football analogy, Martin still hasn't made a bowl game yet.

Yes, he's beat some ranked teams, and some pretty good ones at that, but that's the benefit of playing 30 games a year vs 12. If you field a competitive squad, you'll get some upsets.

The play down the stretch last year and this year give me hope that he'll get it done next year, but if we start slow yet again, Hart needs to seriously start looking around for someone who can get it done.

That is this business.

IF as a AD, you believe he is the man you want, then you have to play the game even if you don't want to. If he blows it up next year and is a 3 seed in the tourney, callers will come for him. So then, does he remember your loyalty or lack thereof from 365 days prior. People gets raises in this business all the time after average seasons.

So gambling on UT's future chances of making the tournament merits a raise now? You're joking, right?

This. NIT appearances will never cut it here.

This is what I don't understand. People act like UT has a men's basketball program with the history and tradition like UNC and Duke. It wasn't too long ago that UT would have been ecstatic making it to the NIT. So stop acting like UT is a power house in mens bball. They've never made a final four and only one elite eight.

VN Store

Back