Why did MTSU get a bid?

Win total and weak bubble. Vols who played Florida would beat a lot of teams, Vols who lost to Bama would lose to MTSU.

that is what was said last year when tn played them.the bottom line is Tn didn't take care of business.

MTSU lost to 150+ RPI FIU in their conference semifinal.

The committee head said they put MTSU in because they won on the road and scheduled tough out of conference. Basicallu they beat alot of bad teams on the road and lost to all the "good" teams they played OOC.

Reactions: 2 people
that is what was said last year when tn played them.the bottom line is Tn didn't take care of business.

That is true, they should have taken care of business. No guarantees we would have made it though even if we did, unless we won the tourney.

Doesn't excuse the fact that other teams did not take care of business and had worse resumes than us, but still made it in.

Reactions: 2 people
I want to know why the Committee chair guy said UT had no major wins? That almost proves they didn't look at UT's body of work, let alone the wins. Seems like they just looked at UT's losses and instantly made a decision.

Even better, UT plays MTSU in the play-in game then faces Memphis. That would have been cool for the State. But no. NCAA messed that up.

Reactions: 1 person
I want to know why the Committee chair guy said UT had no major wins? That almost proves they didn't look at UT's body of work, let alone the wins. Seems like they just looked at UT's losses and instantly made a decision.

Even better, UT plays MTSU in the play-in game then faces Memphis. That would have been cool for the State. But no. NCAA messed that up.

if Tennessee got in, they wouldn't have been in the play in game

if Tennessee got in, they wouldn't have been in the play in game

Yes they could've. It would've either been the play-in game or as a #12 seed like Ole Miss got. Even the players commented on Sunday that they knew there was a good chance that if they made the tourney it would be in the play-in game after the loss to Bama.

Yes they could've. It would've either been the play-in game or as a #12 seed like Ole Miss got. Even the players commented on Sunday that they knew there was a good chance that if they made the tourney it would be in the play-in game after the loss to Bama.

i didn't think major conference teams were in the play in games? don't know why i thought that

they are clearly using the play in games to add mid majors which i am fine with. We did not deserve to be in the tourney and thats what it comes down to. I would have taken UVA and Maryland over us. It sucks and i think martin will get it done but there are way too many vol fans who think we got screwed...we didnt

i didn't think major conference teams were in the play in games? don't know why i thought that

You didn't until a couple of years ago when they went to four play in games. Then major conference teams started appearing in them. There will be even more when they create more play-in games in the future.

not what he said...he said our win streak was.not impressive....the only true impressive win was florida...and yes i know we beat miss but they sucked on the road kind of like us

not what he said...he said our win streak was.not impressive....the only true impressive win was florida...and yes i know we beat miss but they sucked on the road kind of like us

Fair enough. I admit I didn't hear him, just going on what CM said about not having enough quality wins or something like that. How can he not count wins over Wich. St and Mizzou impressive when they are in the Tourny? UT beat more tourney teams than many of the other bubble teams I bet.

That's ridiculous. I was told that MTSU deserved to be in, and that they took care of business (huh?) and we didn't.

MTSU and St. Mary's didn't beat anyone worth a damn. We certainly didn't show up for some games when we needed to, but those two teams had no business getting in.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back