Martins' 61.8% Winning Percentage

VolsByNature

DeletedPost Record Holder
Makes him 3rd in the SEC behind Calipari (78%) and Donovan (63.5%)

So you can complain all you want, but the fact is we have a good basketball coach who's is recruting better every year.

The sad thing about next year, is we'll have the talent to win the SEC and there will be a good % of VOL "fans" who will be cheering for Martin to lose.

Reactions: 18 people
Makes him 3rd in the SEC behind Calipari (78%) and Donovan (63.5%)

So you can complain all you want, but the fact is we have a good basketball coach who's is recruting better every year.

The sad thing about next year, is we'll have the talent to win the SEC and there will be a good % of VOL "fans" who will be cheering for Martin to lose.

Complete fabrication.

Reactions: 3 people
ZERO tournament apperances. Winning % doesn't mean jack if you can't make the tourney

Reactions: 14 people
In the big scheme of things basketball really doesnt matter anyway. If hes going to lose I just wish he had just a little bit of a personality for the fans to like. While Dooley was losing at least we got to laugh at him for some of the crap he would say or do, Martin gives us nothing if he isnt winning. If we were talking about the football coach I wouldnt care about anything but winning, but being that its basketball I need someone that makes me want to watch it and I have to admit.... Martin puts me to sleep when he speaks and when I watch his style of play. Due to his lack of personality, he needs to win more than most IMO.

Reactions: 5 people
People calling for Cuonzo to be fired are just idiots. They don't have the ability to look beyond the moment and see the unintended consequences of firing a coach in 2 years when he hasn't gotten to recruit his own players. They would have to replace him with an inferior coach because no superior coach would want the job.

I really liked Pearl because of how he brought UT BB back to relevance. But he screwed up and is never coming back. CCM has his faults. I believe he emphasizes defense to the detriment of the offense and is not as flashy as a Pearl, Kiffin, etal. But he knows a helluva lot more about how to run a BB team than I and all of the keyboard cowboys who want to do something stupid if the moment doesn't suit them.

Reactions: 14 people
His winning 61.8% percentage is completely over shadowed by his road percent which is 31.8%.
Until he fixes that he can't be considered a good coach much less be dancing.

Reactions: 4 people
In the big scheme of things basketball really doesnt matter anyway. If hes going to lose I just wish he had just a little bit of a personality for the fans to like. While Dooley was losing at least we got to laugh at him for some of the crap he would say or do, Martin gives us nothing if he isnt winning. If we were talking about the football coach I wouldnt care about anything but winning, but being that its basketball I need someone that makes me want to watch it and I have to admit.... Martin puts me to sleep when he speaks and when I watch his style of play. Due to his lack of personality, he needs to win more than most IMO.

let it go dude ... how many times do you need to bring up his personality?

I think this is a great stat btw

Reactions: 1 person
His winning 61.8% percentage is completely over shadowed by his road percent which is 31.8%.
Until he fixes that he can't be considered a good coach much less be dancing.

Of course the road percentage will be less. So just to be fair, how does the road percentage compare to the rest of the coaches in the SEC?

In the SEC, UT was 4-5 on the road, same as UK, and Ole Miss. The only team to do better was Florida, who was 5-4

Reactions: 1 person
In the SEC, UT was 4-5 on the road, same as UK, and Ole Miss. The only team to do better was Florida, who was 5-4

Hmm you'd think the way his road record gets bashed we were one of the worst in the league.

Winning on the road isn't easy, as evidenced by your numbers above. I personally enjoy a coach who takes pride in protecting home court and that seems to be something we did this year, by my count we were 13-2 at home this year. So we were 13-2 at home, 4-7 road and 2-1 neutral. The ones that got us were OOC road, we really needed to win 1 of those this year, hopefully we do better next year at that and that will bring confidence to comfermce road games.

I'd really like to add a couple road games against teams we should beat, low risk but high reward. Say against a Belmont, UTC or MTSU...someone who we should beat but will have a good record so it really helps our SOS. A win at MTSU this year would've been huge, should we win that game? Yes. If we would've we'd have been dancing easily, road win over RPI top 30 team.

Last edited:
Hmm you'd think the way his road record gets bashed we were one of the worst in the league.

Winning on the road isn't easy, as evidenced by your numbers above. I personally enjoy a coach who takes pride in protecting home court and that seems to be something we did this year, by my count we were 13-2 at home this year. So we were 13-2 at home, 4-7 road and 2-1 neutral. The ones that got us were OOC road, we really needed to win 1 of those this year, hopefully we do better next year at that and that will bring confidence to comfermce road games.

Actually they were 13-3. Losses were to Memphis, Ole Miss and Georgia. Though, I can't blame anyone for wanting to erase the Georgia game entirely.

Special Ed has this amazing ability to use immaculate spelling and grammar to make the most absurd arguments.

Right now, he's being a Spelling Soviet.

VN Store

Back